Have you applied for NNPC/SNEPCo Undergraduate Scholarship 2022/2023? Here is another opportunity for you to apply for NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship Program.
Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo), on behalf of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and the co-venture partners, invites applications from qualified Nigerian students for the 2022 NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship Programme.
Check out: Shell SPDC Undergraduate Scholarship 2022/2023 is Out
Table of Contents
The program aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians. It provides a yearly grant to successful applicants from their second year to the completion of their degree program.
Important Info You Need
- Scholastica is the official platform for the NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Beware of fraudulent websites when applying for the NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship online. Such websites may ask you to make some payments during the application. These are completely faux sites that should be avoided. NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship application is FREE.
- NNPC/ SNEPCo will not accept email applications. It is important to visit the official Scholastica website for detailed information and to access the online application portal.
- NNPC/SNEPCo is committed to providing scholarship opportunities not associated with application fees.
- NNPC/SNEPCo DOES NOT ASSIGN Representatives/Agents to assist applicants.
- Candidates who presented false documents will be disqualified or withdrawn at any level of the scholarship process.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a computer-based test
See also: NNPC/Total Undergraduate Scholarship 2022/2023 is Out
Who can Apply for NNPC/SNEPCo Undergraduate Scholarship?
- Be a citizen of Nigeria
- Currently in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian Federal or State University accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in a 5-grade system
- Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship (National or International)
*Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
The merit-based scholarship is open to FULL-TIME undergraduates studying any under-listed courses in universities in Nigeria.
- Agricultural Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Geosciences / Geology
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Materials / Corrosion Engineering
- Mathematics / Applied Mathematics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physics / Applied Physics
How Can I Apply For NNPC/SNEPCo Undergraduate Scholarship?
- Every applicant should have a valid personal email account and phone number.
- Applications by eligible candidates should be submitted online at https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo
- Candidates should include personal and educational details in the application.
- Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
- Recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, not more than 200kilobytes;
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result;
- O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable;
- Letter of Identification from State of Origin indicating applicant’s local government of origin; and
- Academic results for 100 level – for 2020/2021 academic session
To apply, follow the steps below:
- Click on “Apply Now” tab.
- Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
- Proceed to your email box to activate your account
- Click on https://scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo to return to the Scholarship site
- Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
- Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, and other information, and upload the required scanned documents.
- Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in the same order. Upload an affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
- Ensure you view all documents after uploading to eliminate errors during uploading.
- When asked to upload a photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
- Recheck application information to avoid errors
- Click “Apply Now” to submit information
- You will receive an email and an SMS confirming your successful application.
- Return to https://scholastica.ng/, enter your Email and Password to download your profile, and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
- Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile. This would be used for verification.
- If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number.
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with your Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and fingerprint capture.
- Visit any 37 capture centers nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to complete registration and obtain your National Identity Number.
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office.
- Return and update the application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion.
Read also: ExxonMobil Undergraduate Scholarship 2022/2023
Closing Date for NNPC/SNEPCo Undergraduate Scholarship
Applications should be submitted online before 2weeks after the commencement of the application.
1. Are scholarships awarded for one year or guaranteed for all study years?
Scholarships are renewable through graduation. Recipients must maintain high academic/ethical standards and other conditions outlined in the scholarship award letter.
2. Does SNEPCo charge a processing fee for scholarship applications?
No. SNEPCo does not charge any fee for processing applications. There are no fees at any stage of the scholarship award cycle.
3. Who is eligible for NNPC/SNEPCo Undergraduate Scholarship?
Undergraduates in 200-level in universities in Nigeria
4. Can I apply if I am going to a vocational school?
5. Do I have to be a Nigerian Citizen to benefit from the scholarship scheme?
Yes, you must be a Nigerian citizen. Permanent Residents are not eligible for the Scholarship Award.
6. Do I need to be accepted into a particular university in Nigeria before I apply for the scholarships?
You should be a student of a recognized university in Nigeria, as listed with the National Universities Commission (NUC).
7. Which university may I go to qualify for a scholarship?
You may attend any university in Nigeria – Federal, State or Private – recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
8. Can I apply if I attend a degree-awarding institution that is not a University?
To qualify for the program, you must be a UNIVERSITY student recognised and approved by the National University Commission (NUC).
9. I am a resident of the United Kingdom. Can I apply for the scholarship?
Yes, you can apply, but only if you are a Nigerian that has gained admission into and is attending a university in Nigeria.
10. I am neither a Nigerian citizen nor do I reside in Nigeria. Can I still apply for the Shell University Scholarship?
No, the scholarship is available only to Nigerian citizens attending universities in Nigeria.
11. If a student is in a remedial year (that is, year 0 of the university program) can he/she benefit from the University Scholarship Scheme?
12. Must I be between a particular age group to qualify for the scholarship?
No. I have applied before; can I apply again this year? No.
13. HOW TO APPLY / COMPLETING THE APPLICATION When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline for the specified academic session is stated in the advert. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline.
14. How do I apply? You must use the format advertised and provide all the required documentation. The application format and conditions are available on www.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo
15. What do I need to submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the details of each scholarship award category carefully and provide the documentation requested.
16. Can I fax or email the application or supporting documents to SNEPCo?
No. Faxed or email applications and supporting documents will not be accepted.
17. In applying for the scholarship, can I include references?
No. References will not be considered or reviewed as part of your application.
18. Can I include additional information on education, extracurricular activities, and employment while applying?
Yes, as long as it includes and is restricted to the requested information.
19. Can I apply through an agent or a SNEPCo representative in my university or community?
No. To avoid doubt, SNEPCo has not authorized any person or organization to act on its behalf about the SNEPCo National Merit University scholarship program. Prospective candidates are advised on the medium for submission of applications in the advertisements. We process these applications, and the outcome is communicated directly to the candidates. Applicants are advised to protect their application details carefully, ensure they log out from their account before shutting down the computer system, and delete their details from public computers)
See also: NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship 2022/2023 – Apply
TERMS OF NNPC/ SNEPCo Scholarship AWARD & ACCEPTANCE
1. How do I remain eligible for the Award?
To remain eligible, you must: be a full-time student making satisfactory progress in your degree program, maintain an average minimum of 3.5 CGPA, and meet the campus’ student conduct standards. Note that the award will be forfeited if it is discovered that you have violated the terms of the prize.
2. Can I defer my scholarship?
Read Also: The 6 Best Graduate Scholarships to Apply For
3. I must withdraw from a course but will still be a full-time student. Will this affect my Scholarship?
It will not affect the scholarship if you withdraw from a course and change to another of the same duration. If the withdrawal means a longer school session, the scholarship will be affected. Be sure to write to the Scholarship Coordinator about the development.
4. What happens if I get a scholarship but do not continue with a university course after that?
Where you do not meet the academic requirements for your course, are no longer a registered university student, or decide not to take up the offer, any agreement related to the scholarship award will become null and void.
5. What happens if I interrupt my studies or repeat a year? Will I still get my scholarship?
Generally, the continuation of the scholarship depends on satisfactory academic progress. However, each student’s case will be considered carefully, considering each individual’s circumstance.
6. When does the scholarship award expire?
The scholarship award expires upon completion of the course for which the award was made.
7. I am doing a program of study, which is longer than the usual three years. Will I get a scholarship for each year of my program?
Yes. The scholarship will be paid for every year of your program, irrespective of the duration, as long as you do not repeat any year.
8. Is my financial aid going to change from year to year?
SNEPCo is committed to offering a consistent aid package throughout the undergraduate years. However, failure to operate in an enabling environment may affect a beneficiary’s scholarship package.
9. Is the scholarship renewable after the first year?
Yes, the scholarship is awarded for the entire duration of undergraduate study. The applicant’s mode of admission vis-à-vis the course duration is considered in arriving at the number of academic years for the award.
10. Is there a grade point average that has to be maintained to retain the scholarship?
Yes. A GPA of 3.5minimum must be maintained to retain the scholarship; you are also required to maintain satisfactory academic progress. If you are dismissed from the University for academic reasons, you will no longer be eligible for the scholarship.
11. My program involves a year away from the University. Will I still get my scholarship for this year as well?
Yes, once this is confirmed, and it does not extend outside the average duration of the program.
12. What criterion is used in the selection of candidates? Various aspects of a candidate’s application are taken into consideration. This includes his or her academic accomplishment, aptitude test scores, verification of the applicant’s admission status, and other personal details.
13. Can I be a part-time student and receive a scholarship?
No. Scholarships are offered to students on full-time studies only.
14. Can I be re-awarded my scholarship if I lose it for any reason?
15. Can I use the scholarship award at any Nigerian university?
Yes, you may transfer between any university campus while on the scheme as long as you maintain academic eligibility.
16. Can I apply for a scholarship if I already receive financial support or a scholarship from another organization?
Yes. However, SNEPCo should be notified if a student benefits from a scholarship in the oil and gas industry. Failure to disclose such information may lead to withdrawing the scholarship offer.
If you still have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Call: 07088609791, 07011962033 (Call lines are open from 9 am to 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the worth of the NNPC SNEPCo scholarship?
Scholarship from NNPC/SNEPCo: The NNPC grants several merit-based scholarships to qualified and deserving Nigerian undergraduate students each year through its joint venture with SNEPCo Petroleum. Up till graduation, worth: N200,000 every year.
How can I apply for an NNPC scholarship?
Must be enrolled in the 200 Level (as of January 2023) or have documentation proving enrollment in an undergraduate program for the 2020–2021 academic year. Must not receive another scholarship from a national or international organization involved in the oil and gas industry.
What is the NNPC basic salary?
NNPC’s Entry Level Remuneration. Entry-level employees at the NNPC are recent graduates. It is the NNPC’s entry-level rank. Entry-level employees at the NNPC typically make between N180,000 and N350,000 per year, depending on their degree of experience and the requirements of their jobs.
What is the salary of an engineer in NNPC?
NGN 2,400,000. In NNPC / PPMC, the average annual salary for an engineer is NGN 2,400,000.
- 15 Best Fully Paid Master Scholarships for Students
- Undergraduate Admission Scholarships at TED University
- 5 full ride scholarships for students in need!