Federal Government Undergraduate And Postgraduate Scholarship 2020/2021 – Apply Now
Here is an opportunity for you to apply for the Federal Government Scholarship for 2020. The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the ongoing 2020-2021 Federal Government Scholarship award.
What Is BEA Scholarship Award
The Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA), division of the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) is primarily charged with the responsibility of implementing scholarship Awards between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governments of Countries that have signed Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) with Nigeria. This helps the scholarship beneficiaries to learn new culture and as well, solidifies Nigeria’s relationship with those countries. Below are some countries that Nigeria has Bilateral agreement with:
- South Korea
The scholarship awards are leading to first degrees, masters and PhD studies. All the countries are non-English speaking, the scholars are made to study in the language of the countries except Hungary.
While on Federal Government Scholarship, don’t hesitate to read ExxonMobil Undergraduate Scholarship 2020/2021 – How To Apply
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the Examination slip.
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificate, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2018 & 2019).
- The age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
• Postgraduate Scholarship:
- All applicants must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practise in Nigeria.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C.
- The age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- Evidence of readiness to be released by the employer.
• Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign language of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
• All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship must visit the website which will hopefully be opened between October and November
• Complete the application form online
• Print the completed form and bring it to the interview venue in addition to 2.0 above.
Number of Scholarships
What are the benefits?
- The participating countries are responsible for the tuition and accommodation, while the Nigerian government takes care of supplements, warm clothing, health insurance, research grant where applicable and take off.
How to Apply for Federal Government Scholarship award
Candidates nominated and finally selected by:
A. The awarding BEA countries will be required to submit the following to the Federal Scholarship Board:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of the current International passport, and
- Specified Medical Reports &
- Police clearance certificate where necessary.
Complete form online
Submit and Print a copy
Attach Photocopy of the following documents to the Printed Copy
- Letter of Admission into the Institution
- Current Course Registration Form
- CGPA results of years 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Current School’s Identity Card
- Letter of Identification from your State/Local Government
- Two (2) passport size photographs with your name written at the back and duly signed by you.
The duration of the scholarship offer ranges from 4- 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
Interview Dates and Zones (Venues): The date and venue for the scholarship are specified on the webpage below.
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of the Printed, Completed application forms are usually submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only ONE certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only for undergraduate applicants;
- Two copies of Birth certificate from National Population Commission;
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport-sized coloured photographs on white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Exemption certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies.
NOTICE!!! During the application, candidates are expected to indicate the following:
- Centre of choice for the Computer Based Test (CBT); and
- Choice of program preferred in order of priority (i.e. Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA))
- Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified
OFFICIAL PHONE NUMBERS
i) Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA): 08077884417/09094268637
TIME: 9.00 A.M DAILY
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
ARC SONNY T. ECHONO, fnia
FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
Stay Updated by Joining Our Telegram Group by clicking HERE