Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is honored to announce the tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states.
The objective of the scholarship program is to provide postgraduate study opportunities in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states.
In the nine years of this program, 92 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship
About Shell Postgraduate Scholarship
In order to give qualified students from the Niger Delta states an opportunity to further their education in courses relevant to the oil and gas industry, the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) was established in Nigeria.
In the six years since the start of the program, 60 students have been awarded full scholarships to study at prestigious universities in the United Kingdom.
The SPDC will award ten one-year post-graduate MSc scholarships for the upcoming academic year in collaboration with Imperial College London, University College London, and the University of Leeds in the UK.
For the academic year commencing September 2022, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK–Imperial College London; University of Leeds; and University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. studies.
The following courses qualify for the award of scholarships at the three institutions:
|Imperial College London||MSc Petroleum EngineeringMSc Petroleum Geoscience |
MSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering
|University of Aberdeen||MSc GeophysicsMSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas |
MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering
MSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience
|University of Leeds||MSc Exploration GeophysicsMSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering|
- Must have a good academic record.
- In addition, the candidate must meet the university’s IELTS requirements.
- An English proficiency score of at least 6.5 on the IELTS.
- Shell Ph.D. Scholarship 2022 requirements also include an international visa to the United Kingdom, officials have said.
- You must have a degree that is comparable to an Upper Second Class degree from a UK university
- In addition, you must be a full-time resident of Nigeria to qualify for the visa.
- This particular Shell M.sc Scholarship 2022 is only open to selected states (Rivers, Imo, Delta, and Nigeria’s Bayelsa State).
- Unless a different arrangement is made by Shell, selected individuals must return to Nigeria upon completion of their studies.
- Applicants who have previously received a similar scholarship are not eligible.
- If you are a current resident of the United Kingdom, this rule does not apply to you.
- The Shell Postgraduate Scholarship Program is not open to employees or relatives of employees of Shell BP or other affiliated companies.
- In order to apply, you must have been accepted to one of our partner universities in the United States.
The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the three individual universities.
- Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities’ (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, and nor are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
- SPDC will only provide medical insurance in line with UK Student Visa requirements
How to Apply for Shell Postgraduate Scholarship
For any of the above-mentioned prerequisite courses, submit an application for admission to any of the prospective universities.
Scholarship applications will only be made available through the participating universities’ websites after an admission offer has been made by the university.
Universities will process applications and select candidates for interviews before final selection is made.
It is necessary that all scholarship applications be submitted to the participating institutions.