NNPC/SPDC Undergraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students is ongoing. The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) operator of the SPDC Joint venture hereby invites application from qualified and eligible Nigerian students to apply for the 2020 undergraduate Scholarship. The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigerian Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) in pursuance of its Education Social Investment Programme,
which aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians, invites application from suitably qualified Full-Time Nigerian students admitted in the 2018/2019 academic session to apply for its SPDC University Scholarship Scheme.
Each year, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), and Shell Petroleum Development Company, award scholarships to deserving Nigerian students in the tertiary institutions in the country. The Shell Scholarship scheme is aimed at promoting academic excellence and quality manpower development in the Country. This is one of the many ways Shell demonstrates its commitment to the educational development of Nigerian students. This is part of Shell’s rich Corporate Social Responsibility. This scholarship scheme has been successfully carried out over the years.
The Merit-based scholarship is in two categories:
- National Merit Award: Open to all Nigerians
- Areas of Operation Merit Awards: Open to Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational areas in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers State.
Nigeria tertiary Institutions
Eligible Field of Study
All fields of study
Mode of Application
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU NNPC/Total Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students
Eligibility for NNPC/SPDC Undergraduate Scholarship
- Applicants must be citizens of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Must be registered FULL-TIME undergraduates in an accredited and approved University in Nigeria
- Must be in 200 level (as at December 2019)
How to Apply for NNPC/SPDC Undergraduate Scholarship
- All applicants should have a personal valid email account (for consistent communication)
- All application must be done online,
- Applicants for the Operational Area Awards are required to provide scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed by :
- The Paramount Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC)
The letters should be addressed to The Manager, Social Performance, Shell Petroleum Development Company, Port Harcourt.
Each document must not exceed 200kb and the image format must be in JPEG
- Shell does not demand payment from applicants. The application is entirely FREE of charge
- Shell DOES NOT ASSIGN ‘Representatives/Agents’ to assist applicants’ process applications
- Only candidates shortlisted for selection test will be contacted
- Only use Shell Nigeria website for application
It is important to note that this scholarship is currently not ongoing. However, this page will be updated once it’s out. So, kindly ALLOW the notification popup so you will be the first to be notified.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU