Federal University of Technology Owerri Admission List 2020/2021 Academic Session
FUTO Admission List
This is to let you know that FUTO Admission List is out for 2020/2021 academic session. Following the release of the Federal University of Technology Owerri post UTME screening result, the management has announced the release of her Admission List. Candidates who chose FUTO while applying for JAMB can now check their admission status online.
According to the information we gathered, it has been confirmed that the school management of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, (FUTO) has released the list of candidates who have been offered provisional admission into the Institution for the 2020/2021 academic session.
The names of candidates who have been offered provisional admission into the various undergraduate programs of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, for the 2020/2021 session have been uploaded online and all the candidates who participated in the FUTO (post UTME) screening exercise can now check their admission status.
Guidelines on how to check your admission status have been provided in this article. Therefore, we advise that you carefully read through as we walk you through these processes. However, there are two ways by which you can check the FUTO Admission List.
Firstly, you can check your admission status via the university’s admission portal, or via the JAMB portal. However, we have provided you with every guideline to ensure you check your admission status successfully. So, stick around as we walk you through this article.
While reading about FUTO Admission List, also check out JAMB Subject Combination for Nigeria Universities, 2020
Now, let us show you how you can check your admission status. As mentioned before, there are two ways you can check the Federal University of Technology Owerri admission list. They are:
How to Check FUTO Admission List Via the University’s Portal
Without much ado, let us show you how you can check your admission status via the institution’s admission portal
- Firstly, visit the FUTO Admission Portal at https://application.futo.edu.ng/outside/dynamo/5cb580bea8fb4d38042a3344
- Now, enter your JAMB Registration Number in the spaces provided.
- Click on the “Submit” button and proceed to view your admission status.
Have you been admitted into the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta? If yes, congratulations. You can now login to the JAMB portal and ACCEPT or REJECT your admission on CAPS.
Before we show you how to ACCEPT or REJECT your admission on JAMB CAPS, let us discuss how you can check your admission list via the JAMB portal.
How to Check FUTO Admission Status Via JAMB Portal
- To check your admission status on JAMB portal, the first step is to visit jamb.org.ng/efacility.
- Login to your Jamb profile with your username and password.
- Scroll down then locate and click the ‘Check Admission Status‘ tab.
- Select your Exam year and Enter your registration number in the required columns.
- Finally, click on ‘Check Admission Status‘ to access your FUTO admission status.
Once again, congratulations. We wish you the very best as you embark on another educational journey towards your career. After confirming that you have been given admission, the next step is to go ahead with the necessary clearance and registration.
NOTICE: The Federal University of Technology Owerri Admission List for 2020/2021 is NOT out. This page will be updated once the List is out. Therefore, kindly click the ALLOW button on the notification popup to be the first to be notified.
After Admission, What Next?
- First, find out the amount that FUTO is requiring to be paid as an acceptance fee for the admission that has been offered to you. Note that if you do not pay FUTO’s acceptance fee, it means that you have rejected the admission offered to you and in that case, you will lose the admission slot to someone else. The next information you need to find out is FUTO school fees for your course or faculty so that you can get the required fees ready as soon as possible. Note that it is advisable to pay your school fees immediately after paying your acceptance fee, to avoid being hindered from being matriculated (officially enrolled and added to FUTO’s student database) on time.
- You also need to get all the required documents ready for your registration and clearance into your new faculty and school. This could include documents such as O’level results (such as WAEC result, NECO result, etc), JAMB admission letter, Birth Certificate, LGA identification certificate, JAMB result print-out, an attestation letter from a parent or guardian, etc. You can always get the complete list of required documents from your school’s admissions office or even in your faculty.
- Next, it is important that you read and properly acquaint yourself with FUTO’s academic and general rules and regulations to avoid falling into any trap that could lead to your expulsion or any other detrimental punishment.
- After you have completed all the necessary payments and registration, it is a good idea to get your faculty and departmental lecture timetables as soon as possible so that you can start attending lectures. Attending lectures will set you up for a smooth academic career in FUTO.
- Finally, don’t hesitate to ask lecturers and administrative staff in your new school questions and seek advice from them. It is better to be seen as naive and ignorant than it is to make unnecessary mistakes and waste time doing things wrongly. Also, try to make friends with some of the best students in senior classes and higher levels, so that you can start getting the best tips for navigating and thriving in the school from them.
Note: All the candidates in the FUTO merit admissions list are required to quickly upload their O’Level results on the JAMB website and thereafter visit the FUTO portal for further directives.
About the Federal University of Technology Owerri
The Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) is a federal government university located in Owerri West, the capital of Imo State. The University is bounded by the communities of Eziobodo, Umuchima, Ihiagwa, and Obinze, in Imo State, Nigeria. It is the premier federal university of technology in the southeast and South-South parts of Nigeria.
The Federal University of Owerri is the Oldest University of Technology in Nigeria and was established in 1980 by Executive fiat with the composition and appointment of the first provisional Council by Nigeria’s First Executive President Shehu Shagari. It became the first of three such Universities set up by the Federal Government of Nigeria who sought to establish a University of Technology in each geo-political region and particularly in a State which did not have a conventional University.
FUTO began with 225 students and 60 staff (28 academic and 32 non-academic). Like other federal universities in Nigeria, FUTO is headed by a Chancellor who is usually a royal father, and followed by a Vice-Chancellor who oversees the daily activities of the university.
The University also has a senate, which is the highest decision making arm of the University. FUTO students are fondly called Futoites and they number over 22,000. FUTO has over 50 professors. The current vice-chancellor is Professor Francis C. Eze as at the time of this article
Stay Updated by Joining Our Telegram Group by clicking HERE