The University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) stands as one of Nigeria’s leading higher education institutions, renowned for its commitment to academic excellence and holistic development. As prospective students prepare for the 2023 academic year, it is essential to understand the cutoff marks, admission requirements, scholarships, and school fees.
In this comprehensive article, we will delve into these crucial aspects, providing aspiring students with the necessary information to navigate the admissions process successfully.
Table of Contents
About the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN)
The University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) stands as a symbol of academic excellence, innovation, and cultural heritage in Nigeria. Established in 1960, UNN has played a pivotal role in shaping the nation’s educational landscape and producing graduates who have gone on to make significant contributions in various fields.
The University of Nigeria Nsukka, also known as UNN, is a federal university located in Enugu State, Nigeria. It was established in 1955 by Nnamdi Azikiwe, who served as the Governor General of Nigeria from 1960 to 1963 and as the country’s first President from 1963 to 1966. The university was formally inaugurated in 1960.
UNN is comprised of 15 faculties, housing a total of 102 academic departments. It offers a diverse range of academic programs, including 82 undergraduate programs and 211 postgraduate programs. The university operates across four campuses: Nsukka, Enugu (UNEC), Ituku-Ozalla (University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital – UNTH), and Aba (University of Nigeria Aba campus – UNAC). Additionally, UNN has a dedicated business school.
At the Nsukka campus, students can find faculties such as agriculture, arts, biological sciences, education, engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, physical sciences, social sciences, and veterinary medicine. These faculties cater to a wide range of academic disciplines, ensuring a comprehensive education for the students.
UNN’s multi-campus setup allows for a diverse academic environment and facilitates specialized learning and research in various fields. The university’s commitment to providing quality education and fostering academic excellence has made it a renowned institution within Nigeria and beyond.
The Enugu campus, formerly known as the Nigerian College of Arts, Science, and Technology (UNEC), houses the faculties of business administration, environmental studies, law, and medical sciences.
The University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) campus is where the faculty of dentistry and health sciences and technology is located.
The Aba campus (UNAC) is specifically designated for the Institute of Nigerian Languages.
Research activities take place in several institutes, including African studies, education, developmental studies, postgraduate studies, and herbal medicine and drugs research and development. Additionally, centers dedicated to climate change, space science, and energy research have been established.
Within the university’s main site, there is the Roar Nigeria Hub, which is a private-sector initiative initiated by two engineering students. Its primary objective is to foster entrepreneurial activities among students and faculty, providing investment opportunities for viable student-led ideas. Furthermore, it aims to bridge the gap between academia, the public, and industry.
What do you understand about UNN Cut-Off Mark?
You’ve probably heard the term “cut-off mark” here and there, but you might not fully get what it refers to.
The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Cut-Off Mark is the minimum score or points that a candidate must get in the UTME in order to be qualified to purchase the Post UTME form for the academic years 2023–2024.
Additionally, you should know that UNN and the majority of other schools often have two categories of cutoff marks. which are the departmental cut off mark and the JAMB cutoff mark. This implies that you must achieve both the departmental and general cut-off criteria for UNN.
University of Nigeria Nsukka UNN Cut off Mark for 2023/2024
The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Cut Off Mark is 180 for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) has set a minimum score of 180 as its cutoff mark for the JAMB exam for the academic years 2023–2024.
To be eligible for admission in 2023–2024, you must score higher than the UNN Cut Off of 180.
This suggests that in order to be qualified to acquire the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) Post UTME form and be considered for admission in 2023, you must score exactly 180 or over 180.
UNN Departmental Cut-Off Mark
UNN departmental cut-off mark is the minimum score required to be admitted to a particular department at UNN. It is based on your performance on the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and post-UTME.
For instance, UNN has a 200-point general cut-off score but separate cut-off scores of 284, 297, and 295 for pharmacy, common law, and medicine, respectively. The cutoff mark determines how competitive the course is; the higher it is.
Every institution establishes a cut-off mark for all courses each year. Some academic institutions make their departmental cutoff marks available online, whereas others do not.
UNN Departmental Cut-off Mark 2023/2024
UNN Faculty Of Agriculture Cut-Off Mark 2023
Agric Economics – 227
Agric Extension – 201
Animal Science – 202
Crop Science – 206
Soil Science – 205
Fst – 227
Home Science – 200
Nutrition And Dietetics – 247
UNN Faculty Of Arts Cut-Off Marks 2023
Archeology & Tourism – 246
English And Literary Studies – 271
Fine And Applied Arts – 260
Foreign Languages – 254
History And International Studies – 259
Linguistics And Nigerian Languages – 245
Mass Communication – 268
Music – 255
Theatre And Film Studies – 254
Combined Arts – 201
UNN Faculty Of Biological Sciences Cut Off Mark 2023
Biochemistry – 248
Botany – 200
Combined Biological Sciences – 214
Microbiology – 243
Zoology – 207
UNN Faculty Of Business Administration cut-off mark 2023/2024
Accountancy – 257
Banking & Finance – 229
Marketing – 207
Business Management – 233
UNN Faculty Of Dentistry Cut Off Mark 2023/2024
Dentistry – 270
UNN Faculty Of Education cut-off mark 2023/2024
Adult Education – 201
Education Art – 251
Education Chemistry – 203
Education Social Sciences – 245
Agric Education – 205
Business Education – 220
Guidance & Counselling – 263
Health Education – 206
Home Economics Education – 229
Industrial Technical Education – 236
Library And Information Science – 246
Science Education – 200
UNN Faculty Of Engineering Cut-Off Mark 2023/2024
Agric & Bioresources Engineering – 204
Civil Engineering – 248
Electrical Engineering – 242
Electronics – 232
Mechanic Engineering – 242
UNN Faculty Of Environmental Studies Cut Off Mark 2023/2024
Architecture – 226
Estate Management – 201
Geoinformatics & Survey – 201
Urban And Regional Planning – 210
UNN Faculty Of Health Science & Technology Cut Off Mark 2023/2024
Radiography – 266
Medical Rehabilitation – 258
Nursing – 268
UNN Faculty Of Law Cut Off Mark 2023/2024
Law – 297
UNN Faculty Of Medical Sciences Cut Off Mark 2023
Medicine – 295
UNN Faculty Of Pharmaceuticаl Sciences Cut Off Mark 2023
Pharmаcy – 284
UNN Faculty Of Physical Sciences Cut Off Mark 2023
Computer Science – 227
Geology – 234
Mathematics – 200
Physics And Astronomy – 200
Pure And Industrial Chemistry – 206
Statistics – 200
Computer/Statistics – 200
UNN Faculty Of Social Sciences Cut Off Mark 2023
Economics – 260
Geography – 243
Philosophy – 259
Political Science – 275
Psychology – 252
Public Administration – 266
Religion – 232
Social Work – 213
Sociology/Anthropology – 260
UNN Faculty Of Veterinary Medicine Cut-Off Mark 2023
Veterinary Medicine – 227
University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN) Admission Requirements For 2023/2024 Session (UTME & Direct Entry)
Before submitting an application for admission to your dream school, it is crucial that you are aware of the requirements for admission. The reason is that the university uses those requirements to evaluate whether applicants are qualified for admission. I’ve recently seen that many prospective students of the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) frequently look up the UTME and Direct Entry requirements for admission to the institution online, so I’ve decided to post all of the prerequisites for admission to UNN today.
UNN Admission Requirements for UTME Candidates 2023/2024
Below are the admission requirements for UTME admission into the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN):
- Candidates must have at least, 5 (five) Credit grades in five subjects (English and Mathematics inclusive) in their O’level result(s). In this case, the O’level result could be WAEC/NECO/GCE or any other equivalent result.
- Candidates must make the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) their first choice of institution during JAMB registration. UNN does not accept second-choice candidates for admission.
- Candidates must be 16 years of age at the time admission is offered.
- Candidates are required to score at least, 180 in the JAMB UTME examination as that will make them eligible to take UNN post-UTME examination.
- Candidates must participate in UNN post-UTME examination and must perform very well in the examination in order to be admitted.
Note: UNN accepts the results of two sittings for admission. As a result, you can literally combine two outcomes to gain admission. You might want to read my essay on how to use your NECO and WAEC scores together to get accepted into any Nigerian college here.
UNN Direct Entry Admission Requirements 2023/2024
Below are the requirements for direct entry admission into the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN):
- For Direct Entry admission, candidates must possess two passes at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination, Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination, JUPEB, or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognized institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects.
- Direct entry candidates who wish to gain admission into the prestigious University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) must purchase the university’s DE form through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- Direct entry candidates are also expected to make the University of Nigeria, Nsukka their first choice of institution during registration. This is a very important requirement because UNN does not consider second-choice candidates for admission.
UNN ACCEPTANCE FEE 2023/2024:
The University of Nigeria, Nsukka acceptance fee for 2023/2024 academic session is estimated from N10,000 to N30,000. This fee is mandatory and non-refundable for every newly admitted 100L student.
University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) School Fees Schedule 2023/2024 for Fresh Students
Below is a breakdown of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka’s school fee schedule for the 2021–2023 academic year. see additional information.
|Vocational Technical Education||₦70,700.00|
|Health Science & Tech||₦77,200.00|
UNN School Fees Schedule 2023/2024 for Returning Students
|FACULTY||200 LEVEL||OTHER YEAR||FINAL YEAR|
|Vocational Technical Education||₦45,100.00||₦40,000.00||₦40,500.00|
|Health Science & Tech||₦51,600.00||₦46,500.00||₦47,000.00|
Scholarships in University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
The University of Nigeria Nsukka offers various scholarships to support deserving students in their academic pursuits. These scholarships include:
- Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship: This prestigious scholarship is awarded to exceptional students who demonstrate outstanding academic performance. It covers tuition fees and provides a stipend for the duration of the recipient’s study at UNN. The selection process for this scholarship is highly competitive, and students with exceptional academic records are encouraged to apply.
- Faculty and Departmental Scholarships: Several faculties and departments within the university provide scholarships based on merit and financial need. These scholarships may be specific to certain disciplines or open to all students within the faculty. Students should inquire directly with their respective faculties and departments for information on available scholarships and the application process.
- External Scholarships: The University of Nigeria Nsukka encourages students to explore external scholarship opportunities offered by government agencies, organizations, and private sponsors. These external scholarships can provide additional financial support and recognition for academic achievements. The university’s scholarship office provides guidance and support to students in identifying and applying for external scholarships.
The University of Nigeria Nsukka remains a highly sought-after institution, providing quality education to students across various disciplines. Aspiring students should familiarize themselves with the 2023 cutoff marks, admission requirements, scholarships, and school fees to ensure a smooth application process. By understanding these crucial details, prospective students can better position themselves for success in their pursuit of higher education at UNN.
How much is UNN acceptance fee 2023?
The UNN acceptance fee is thirty thousand naira only (N30,000.00). Select Graduate students by clicking. Click “create account.” To retrieve your PUTME application RRR (How to Retrieve UNN Post UTME Application RRR), enter your Jamb Registration number.
What is the 2023/2024 jamb cut off mark for UNN ?
The JAMB UTME Cut Off Mark for University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) is 160. Only candidates who scored 160 and above in their UTME result will be considered for admission.
What are the admission requirements for the University of Nigeria Nsukka?
The admission requirements for UNN vary depending on the program and level of study. Generally, applicants must sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and obtain a minimum score of 160. They must also possess a minimum of five credit passes in relevant subjects, including English Language and Mathematics, in no more than two sittings. Additionally, candidates are required to participate in the university’s Post-UTME screening exercise. Specific requirements may vary across faculties and departments.
What scholarships are available at the University of Nigeria Nsukka?
UNN offers various scholarships to support deserving students. The Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship is a prestigious award for exceptional students with outstanding academic performance. Faculty and departmental scholarships are also available, which are typically based on merit and financial need. Additionally, students are encouraged to explore external scholarship opportunities offered by government agencies, organizations, and private sponsors. The university’s scholarship office provides guidance and support in identifying and applying for these scholarships.
- Lagos State University of Science and Technology: 2023 Admission, Cutoff Mark, Scholarships, and Tuition Fees
- Bells University of Technology: 2023 Cutoff Mark, Admission requirements, Scholarships, Tuition
- Edo State University: 2023 Cutoff Mark, Admission Requirements, Scholarships, Tuition
- Ebonyi State University: 2023 Cutoff Mark, Admission requirements, Scholarships, Tuition