In the center of Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria, there is a well-regarded private university called Al-Hikmah University.
The institution was founded in 2005 to give students from various backgrounds, regardless of ethnicity or religion, an excellent education. Al-Hikmah University is one of Nigeria’s most sought-after universities thanks to its cutting-edge facilities and qualified teachers.
As another semester approaches, prospective students and their parents are interested in learning more about Al-Hikmah University’s admission requirements, the cutoff mark for the 2023 academic year, scholarship opportunities, and tuition costs.
This article provides detailed information about Al-hikmah University Cutoff Mark, Admission requirements, Scholarships, and Tuition. Carefully read through!
Table of Contents
About Al-hikmah University
The Abdur-Raheem Oladimeji Islamic Foundation (AROIF), a Nigerian organization, founded the AL-HIKMAH UNIVERSITY in Ilorin, Nigeria, in 2005.
The Federal Government of Nigeria issued the University (License No. 010) on January 7, 2005, authorizing it to function as a conventional private university.
With 70 students dispersed throughout the three (3) take-off Colleges (Humanities, Management Sciences, and Natural Sciences), it started academic activities in the 2005–2006 academic term.
Al-Hikmah University now has seven (7) faculties, including the Postgraduate School, the Humanities and Social Sciences, Management Sciences, Natural, and Applied Sciences, Education, Law, Health Sciences, and Agriculture. 50 undergraduate, 12 graduate, and 43 postgraduate programs are offered.
The university also has 12 centers, including one for JUPEB studies, one for ICT and distance learning, one for Islamic heritage, one for community development, one for research, industrial linkage, and international cooperation (CRIIC), one for summer studies, one for entrepreneurial and vocational studies, one for remedial and extra-mural studies, and one for Islamic economics.
Including Postgraduate students and those enrolled in the Institute of Education, our student body currently numbers over 7000. The National Universities Commission (NUC) has accredited our academic programs.
Why Attend Al-hikmah University?
Al-Hikmah University is a renowned institution of higher learning in Nigeria that has provided quality education to students for over a decade. If you are considering pursuing further studies, here are some reasons why attending Al-Hikmah University could be the best decision you ever make.
Firstly, Al-Hikmah University boasts highly experienced and qualified faculty members committed to ensuring students receive the best possible education.
The university offers diverse undergraduate and postgraduate programs in various fields, such as Business Administration, Law, Islamic Studies, and Health Sciences.
Secondly, the university’s state-of-the-art facilities provide an enabling environment for students to learn and grow. From well-equipped laboratories, libraries, and comfortable lecture halls to modern recreational centers like sports grounds and fitness centers, Al-Hikmah University has everything needed to ensure students enjoy their academic experience.
What is Al-hikmah University Cutoff Mark?
The Departmental Cut of marks of Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, are as follows;
|1||LL.B. Common and Islamic Law||180|
|2||LL.B. Common Law||180|
|3||B.Sc. Nursing Science||180|
|4||BMLS Medical Laboratory Science||170|
|5||B.Sc. Computer Science||160|
|6||B.Sc. Public Health||160|
|7||B.Sc. Cyber Security||150|
|8||B.Sc. Software Engineering||150|
|13||B.A. (Ed.) Arabic||140|
|14||B.Sc. Banking and Finance||140|
|17||B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology||140|
|18||B.Sc. Business Administration||140|
|19||B.Sc. (Ed.) Business Education||140|
|20||B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry||140|
|21||B.Sc. (Ed.) Computer Science||140|
|23||B.Sc. (Ed.) Economics||140|
|24||B.Ed. Educational Guidance and Counselling||140|
|25||B.Ed. Educational Management||140|
|26||B.Ed. Educational Technology||140|
|28||B.A. (Ed.) English||140|
|29||B.Sc. Geology and Mineral Sciences||140|
|30||B.A. History and International Relations||140|
|31||B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry||140|
|32||B.Sc. Industrial Mathematics||140|
|33||B.Sc. Information Systems||140|
|34||B.A. Islamic Studies||140|
|35||B.A. (Ed.) Islamic Studies||140|
|36||BLIS Library and Information Science||140|
|37||B.Sc. Mass Communication||140|
|39||B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics||140|
|41||B.Sc. Petroleum Chemistry||140|
|43||B.Sc. (Ed.) Physics||140|
|44||B.Sc. Physics with Electronics||140|
|46||B.Sc. Political Science and Conflict Resolution||140|
|47||B.Sc. (Ed.) Political Science||140|
|48||B.Sc. Public Administration||140|
|49||B.Ed. Social Studies||140|
|50||B.Sc. Sociology & Criminology||140|
Note: The cut off mark for each varies depending on the performance of candidates who applied to the school for that year.
What are the Available Al-hikmah University courses?
Al-hikmah University has 7 faculties that offer different courses in different degree levels. Below, we have grouped the courses and degrees according to the faculties in the school. Check them out!
Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of History and International Studies
- B.A (Hons) History and International Relations
- Department of Islamic Studies
- B.A (Hons) Islamic Studies
- Department of Languages
- B.A (Hons) Arabic
- B.A (Hons) English
- Department of Mass Communication
- B.Sc. (Hons) Mass Communication
- Department of Political and Public Administration
- B.Sc. (Hons) Political Science and Conflict Resolution
- B.Sc. (Hons) Public Administration
- Department of Sociology
- B.Sc. (Hons) Sociology
Faculty of Management Sciences
- Department of Accounting
- B.Sc. (Hons) Accounting
- Department of Banking and Finance
- B.Sc. (Hons) Banking and Finance
- Department of Business Administration
- B.Sc. (Hons) Business Administration
- B.Sc. (Hons) Business Administration (Marketing Option)
- Department of Economics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Economics
Faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences
- Department of Biological Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons) Biochemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons) Microbiology
- Department of Chemical and Geological Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons) Industrial Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons) Geology and Mineral Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons) Petroleum Chemistry
- Department of Physical Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons) Statistics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Physics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Industrial Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Physics with Electronics
- Department of Computer Science
- B.Sc. (Hons) Computer Science
- B.Sc. (Hons) Cyber Security
- B.Sc. (Hons) Information Systems
- B.Sc. (Hons) Software Engineering
Faculty of Education
- Department of Education Management
- B.Ed. Educational Guidance and Counselling
- B.Ed. Educational Management
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Business Education
- Department of Arts and Social Science Education
- B.A. (Ed.) Islamic Studies Education
- B.A. (Ed.) Arabic Education
- B.A. (Ed.) English Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Accounting Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Economics Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Political Science Education
- B.Ed. (Hons) Social Studies Education
- Department of Science Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Agriculture Science Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Computer Science Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Physics Education
- B.Sc. (Ed.) Educational Technology
- BLIS Library and Information Science
Faculty of Law
- Department of Law
- LL.B. (Hons) Common Law
- LL.B. (Hons) Common and Islamic Law
Faculty of Health Sciences
- Department of Public Health
- B.Sc. (Hons) Public Health
- Department of Medical Laboratory
- BMLS Medical Laboratory Science
- Department of Basic Medical SciencesB.Sc. (Hons) Human Anatomy B.Sc. (Hons) Human Physiology
- Department of Nursing ScienceB.NSc. Nursing Science
Faculty of Agriculture
Department of Agriculture
Al-hikmah University Admission Requirements
For Undergraduate Students
Candidates must have a JAMB result and at least five (5) credits from the WASSCE, NECO, GCE, NABTEB, or SISC examinations, or an equivalent, in the subjects related to their intended undergraduate programs, taken in no more than two (2) sittings.
All candidates must complete the English Language at the credit level. Additionally, individuals seeking admission into degree programs in the faculty of management sciences, natural and applied sciences, and some education courses must have credit in mathematics.
A direct entry admission is also an option for candidates who acquired a Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) DE Form and met the necessary standards.
Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) must have a First Degree from Al-Hikmah University in Ilorin or another reputable university. Higher National Diploma (HND) holders may also apply. All applicants must, however, meet the university’s O’level standards.
Graduates of Al-Hikmah University in Ilorin or any other recognized universities who wish to apply for the academic or professional Master’s degree program must have at least a Second Class Honours Degree (Lower Division).
However, candidates with a Third Class Honours Degree and a Postgraduate Diploma Certificate in a related field may be admitted if they receive a minimum score of 60% on the qualifying exam, which the appropriate Departments in the University will give.
To be eligible for doctoral program admission, applicants with master’s degrees from Al-Hikmah University in Ilorin or any other recognized universities must have received at least 60% (or its equivalent in CGPA) on their final master’s degree examination.
The M.Phil./Ph.D. application process is open to candidates with less than 60% but not fewer than 50%. All candidates for the Ph.D. and Mphil/Ph.D. programs must attend an interview held by several of the university’s departments. Final admittance is contingent on the interview’s results.
All candidates must apply early for their official academic transcripts from their previous institutions to be sent to the Dean, Postgraduate School, Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, regardless of where they received their previous degrees.
Additionally, candidates must take notice of the Application Methods, select the relevant program from the “Choose Admission Application Type” drop-down box, and provide additional login information to continue the application process.
What is Al-hikmah University Tuition?
Al-Hikmah University school fees is 200,000.00 for Academic Session.
Below is the breakdown of the Al-Hikmah University school fees.
|FEES||NEW 100L, DE & TRANSFER BA, BA(Ed) ARABIC & ISLAMIC STUDIES||NEW 100L, DE & TRANSFER OTHER BA & B.Sc, PROGRAMMES||NEW 100L, DE & TRANSFER OTHER EDUCATION PROGRAMMES||NEW 100L, DE & TRANSFER LAW PROGRAMMES|
|E- Books / Al-hikmah Note books||20,000.00||20,000.00||20,000.00||20,000.00|
|GNS/Skill Acquisition Levy||1,500.00||1,500.00||1,500.00||1,500.00|
|ICT & Computing Studies||20,000.00||20,000.00||20,000.00||20,000.00|
|Student I.D Card Levy||2,000.00||2,000.00||2,000.00||2,000.00|
|TOTAL SCHOOL FEE (N)||137,500.00||487,500.00||287,500.00||770,500.00|
To get more information about the tuition fees, click the link below.
The University of Al-Hikmah accepts 170?
The cutoff mark of 170 is not accepted by AHU.
Is attaining the cut-off mark for admission to Al-Hikmah University the only requirement?
Yes. To get admitted to the institution, you must have a minimum score of 180 on the AHU.
Will 190 allow me to enroll at Al-Hikmah University?
Indeed, you can. One of the key prerequisites for applicants who want to register for AHU Post UTME is a minimum cutoff score of 180.
Al-Hikmah University has set the cutoff mark for the 2023 admission exercise at 160. The institution has provided a comprehensive list of admission requirements and scholarships to ensure more students can access quality education.
Despite the increase in tuition fees, prospective students can take advantage of various financial aid options to pursue their academic goals. We encourage all eligible candidates to apply for admission and take advantage of the opportunities available at Al-Hikmah University. Pursuing higher education is essential in today’s society, and Al-Hikmah University provides an excellent platform for academic excellence and personal development.
- Lagos State University of Science and Technology: 2023 Admission, Cutoff Mark, Scholarships, and Tuition Fees
- Edo State University: 2023 Cutoff Mark, Admission Requirements, Scholarships, Tuition
- Bells University of Technology: 2023 Cutoff Mark, Admission requirements, Scholarships, Tuition
- Ebonyi State University: 2023 Cutoff Mark, Admission requirements, Scholarships, Tuition
- University of Port Harcourt: 2023 Cutoff Mark, Admission requirements, Scholarships, Tuition
- Nasarawa State University: 2023 Cutoff Mark, Admission Requirements, Scholarships, Tuition
- Ajayi Crowther University: 2023 Cutoff Mark, Admission Requirements, Scholarships, Tuition