Have you been searching for some insights about Kwara State University? Well, search no more; we’ve got you covered.
This article reviews some insights into Kwara State University, including the cut-off mark, admission requirements, scholarships, and school fees.
Kwara State University (KWASU) is one of Nigeria’s prestigious higher institutions of learning, known for its commitment to academic excellence and innovative research.
As the 2023/2024 academic session approaches, prospective students and their parents are eager to learn about the KWASU cut-off mark, admission requirements, available scholarships, and tuition fees.
In this comprehensive blog post, we will address these important aspects to provide the necessary information for aspiring students.
Table of Contents
Kwara State University | Brief Overview
Kwara State University, commonly known as KWASU, is a prestigious institution of higher learning located in Malete, Kwara State, Nigeria. Since its establishment, KWASU has made significant contributions to the education landscape in the region and beyond.
In this article, we will delve into the rich history of KWASU, exploring its founding, growth, and its commitment to academic excellence.
Founding and Establishment:
Kwara State University was founded on December 18, 2008, by the administration of the former Kwara State Governor, Dr. Bukola Saraki.
The institution was established as a response to the need for quality education and research opportunities in Kwara State and its environs.
Its primary objective was to provide a conducive learning environment, innovative teaching methodologies, and a curriculum tailored to meet the demands of the modern world.
Early Years and Growth:
In 2009, KWASU commenced academic activities with an initial enrollment of just over 200 students. The university initially focused on undergraduate programs in the Arts, Science, and Agriculture faculties, with the aim of expanding into other disciplines over time.
Within a short span, KWASU gained recognition for its commitment to quality education and received accreditation from the National Universities Commission (NUC) in Nigeria.
The university’s commitment to quality education quickly garnered attention, leading to steady growth in student enrollment. In just a few years, KWASU expanded its academic programs, established new faculties, and attracted highly qualified faculty members and researchers.
The university’s emphasis on research and innovation played a vital role in creating an intellectually stimulating environment for students and faculty alike.
Is the KWASU Cut-off Mark Out?
At the time of writing, the official KWASU cut-off mark for the 2023/2024 academic session is out. We encourage our readers to stay updated with the latest news from KWASU and share the information with anyone who might be interested.
What is the KWASU Cutoff Mark for 2023?
The cutoff mark is the minimum score required by candidates in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) to be considered for admission into KWASU.
The general cutoff mark for KWASU in the previous academic sessions has been 160. However, it’s important to note that the specific cutoff mark for each department may vary.
KWASU Departmental Cutoff Marks 2023:
Aspiring students of Kwara State University (KWASU) for the year 2023 should familiarize themselves with the departmental cutoff marks to gain insight into the admission requirements for their desired programs. The following is a list of departments and their respective cutoff marks:
1. Pharmacy: 293
2. Medicine and Surgery: 314
3. Medical Laboratory Science: 256
4. Mechanical Engineering: 260
5. Electronic Engineering: 217
6. Medical Radiography: 263
7. Civil Engineering: 256
8. Mass Communication: 265
9. Foreign Language: 180
10. History and International Studies: 242
11. English and Literary Studies: 252
12. Theatre and Film Studies: 249
13. Nutrition and Dietetics: 224
14. Home Science: 180
15. Medical Rehabilitation: 235
16. Political Science: 240
17. Law: 297
18. Nursing: 290
19. English Education: 235
20. Social Science Education: 220
21. Archaeology: 180
22. Public Administration and Local Government Studies: 221
23. Sociology: 216
24. Economics: 242
25. Urban and Regional Planning: 180
26. Estate Management: 200
27. Architecture: 203
28. Human Physiology: 205
29. Human Anatomy: 206
30. Veterinary Medicine: 225
31. Marketing: 212
32. Banking and Finance: 218
33. Statistics: 180
34. Pure and Industrial Chemistry: 216
35. Physics and Astronomy: 203
36. Aquaculture: 190
37. Linguistics: 212
38. Marketing: 183
39. Banking and Finance: 183
40. Accountancy: 246
41. Business Management: 213
42. Foreign Language: 180
43. Geography: 200
44. Geology: 222
45. German: 180
46. Guidance and Counselling: 180
47. Health Education: 180
48. History: 189
49. Home Science: 200
50. Agricultural Extension: 210
51. Adult Education: 180
52. Agricultural Economics: 182
53. Biochemistry: 207
54. Crop Science: 180
55. Animal Science: 180
56. Microbiology: 200
57. Zoology: 181
Please note that these cutoff marks are subject to change based on various factors, including the number of applicants and the overall performance in the entrance examinations. It is advisable for prospective students to regularly check with KWASU for any updates or modifications to the cutoff marks.
Understanding the departmental cutoff marks is crucial in determining eligibility for specific programs and planning accordingly. Prospective students should aim to meet or exceed the cutoff marks to increase their chances of securing admission into their desired departments at KWASU in 2023.
KWASU Admission Requirements for 2023/2024:
To be eligible for admission into KWASU for the 2023/2024 academic session, prospective students must meet the following general requirements:
1. Possess a minimum of five (5) credit passes in relevant subjects, including Mathematics and English Language, in not more than two sittings in WAEC, NECO, or any other recognized examination board.
2. Register and participate in the UTME examination, meeting or surpassing the cutoff mark set by KWASU.
3. Select KWASU as their first choice institution during UTME registration.
4. Successfully complete the KWASU Post-UTME screening exercise.
5. Meet any specific departmental requirements for their chosen course of study.
6. Candidates must have reached the age of 16.
KWASU Admission Requirements for Direct Entry (DE) 2023/2024:
Kwara State University (KWASU) has specific admission requirements for Direct Entry (DE) candidates seeking admission for the 2023/2024 academic session. The following criteria must be met:
1. Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE):
– Candidates must have a minimum of five credits in relevant subjects at the SSCE/GCE Ordinary Level.
– These credits should be obtained in a maximum of two sittings.
2. ‘A’ Level/IJMB Passes:
– DE candidates must possess an ‘A’ level/IJMB passes in two subjects related to their intended area of study.
– These subjects should be directly relevant to the course of choice.
3. JUPEB/A’ Level Passes:
– Candidates can also present JUPEB/A Level passes in subjects that are related to their desired field of study.
4. Degree (First Class/Second Class Upper):
– Direct Entry applicants with a degree in related fields are required to have obtained a First Class or Second Class Upper division in their previous degree program.
5. Purchase of KWASU Direct Entry Form:
– DE candidates must purchase the KWASU Direct Entry form through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and KWASU Portal.
6. National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), and Advanced Level Certificates:
– A minimum Merit Pass is required in the NCE, ND, or other Advanced Level Certificates.
It is important to note that additional requirements may apply to specific programs. Candidates are advised to visit the KWASU website and select their desired program and entry-level to view any additional requirements when obtaining the post-UTME form.
Meeting these admission requirements for Direct Entry candidates will enhance their eligibility for admission into Kwara State University for the 2023/2024 academic session. It is recommended that applicants thoroughly review the guidelines provided and ensure that they fulfill all necessary criteria before proceeding with their application.
Kwara State University Scholarship 2023/2024:
Kwara State offers scholarships to deserving students to support their educational pursuits. The scholarship program aims to alleviate the financial burden
Is the Kwara State Scholarship Form Free?
Yes, the Kwara State Scholarship Form for the 2023/2024 academic year is typically free. The government of Kwara State recognizes the importance of providing equal opportunities for education to all its citizens. Therefore, eligible students can obtain the scholarship form without any charges.
What are the Eligible Local Government Areas?
The Kwara State Scholarship Scheme is open to students from all local government areas within Kwara State. Whether you reside in Ilorin West, Offa, Oyun, Ekiti, or any other local government area in Kwara State, you are eligible to apply for the scholarship, provided you meet the specified criteria.
Requirements for Kwara State University Scholarship Scheme:
To be eligible for the Kwara State Scholarship Scheme, applicants must meet certain requirements. Although the specific requirements may vary each year, here are some common criteria that applicants are typically expected to fulfill:
1. Citizenship: Applicants must be indigenes of Kwara State, as evidenced by their identification documents.
2. Academic Performance: Applicants must have a strong academic track record and possess the necessary qualifications for the scholarship they are applying for. This may include a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) or performance benchmark.
3. Admission or Enrollment: Depending on the scholarship category, applicants may need to provide proof of admission or enrollment in a recognized tertiary institution or a specific field of study.
4. Financial Need: Some scholarship categories may consider the financial need of applicants, requiring them to demonstrate their inability to afford their educational expenses without external support.
5. Good Conduct: Applicants are expected to have a clean disciplinary record and demonstrate good character.
How to Apply for the 2023 Kwara State Scholarship Scheme:
The application process for the Kwara State Scholarship Scheme typically involves the following steps:
1. Visit the official scholarship portal or the Kwara State government website to access the scholarship application form.
2. Carefully read the guidelines and instructions provided on the application form and ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria.
3. Fill in the required information accurately and attach any necessary documents, such as academic transcripts, admission letters, identification documents, and proof of residency.
4. Review your application to ensure that all information provided is correct and complete.
5. Submit your application within the specified deadline. Late applications are usually not considered.
6. After submission, keep track of any updates or announcements regarding the scholarship scheme. It is advisable to check the official scholarship portal or the Kwara State government website regularly for any notifications.
How Much is KWASU School Fees?
As prospective students consider pursuing their higher education at Kwara State University (KWASU), it is important to have a clear understanding of the school’s fee structure.
Below is a comprehensive breakdown of KWASU’s school fees for the year 2023, distinguishing between indigenes and non-indigenes and shedding light on additional optional expenses such as hostel accommodation.
1. School Fees for Indigenes:
– Year 1 (100 Level Students only): N99,500.00
– Year 2-4 (200-400 Level): N109,500.00
Hostel Accommodation (for Indigenes):
– Hostel Accommodation: N35,000 (optional)
2. School Fees for Non-Indigenes:
– Full Payment Required
– Year 1 (100 Level Students only): N200,000.00
– Year 2-4 (200-400 Level): N210,000.00
Hostel Accommodation (for Non-Indigenes):
– Hostel Accommodation: N35,000 (Payment can be made online)
All payments, including school fees and hostel accommodation, can be made online using an ATM card.
Obtaining a clear understanding of the school fee structure at Kwara State University is crucial for students planning to enroll in the institution. It is important to note that hostel accommodation is optional and can be paid online.
By having this information, prospective students can make informed decisions and plan their finances accordingly while embarking on their educational journey at KWASU.
Departmental and Other Related Fees:
In addition to the tuition fees, KWASU students are required to pay other fees that cover various services and facilities. These fees may include registration fees, accommodation fees (for students staying in the university hostel), library fees, medical fees, and others. The specific breakdown of these fees is below.
“All departmental and other fees must be paid online. The fees for the 200 and 400 levels include tuition and entrepreneurship fees. There is an additional charge of N2,500 for the handbook, which applies to all students.
Biochemistry students from 100 to 300 are required to pay an extra N5,000.
Students studying Tourism, merchandise, and Hospitality Management are also required to pay N5,000.
Education students have specific fees for their teaching practice exercises. 400 level students must pay N20,000, while 300 level students must pay N18,000.
Geology students are required to pay an additional N25,000 for fieldwork expenses.
For the College of Agriculture, there are various fees: N9,000 for excursions, N1,000 for college professional registration, and N40,000 for Farming Practice Training (FPT).
Teaching practice fees for the College of Education amount to N12,000.
Early Childhood students have departmental-level fees of N2,500, N1,500 for excursions, and N5,000 for association fees.
Business Education students have different fees based on their level of study: N10,000 for undergraduates and N20,000 for postgraduates.
Starting from the 2014/2015 session, an E-learning Enhancement Fee of N5,000 is required.
Freshers (100 Level) need to pay an additional N5,000 for ENACTUS Entrepreneurship Awareness Creation Fees.
Please note that only tuition fees are due at this time. Hostel accommodation fees will only be paid after clearance from the Bursary and Hostel Management. If you have already secured hostel accommodation, please obtain three copies of your accommodation information for the accommodation payment process at the Bursary Department.
IMPORTANT: DEPARTMENTAL FEE PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE THROUGH THE NEW UNDERGRADUATE PORTAL ONLY.
All fees paid are non-refundable.”
Conclusion on Kwara State University
The history of Kwara State University is a testament to its unwavering commitment to academic excellence, innovation, and community development.
From its humble beginnings to its status as a leading institution of higher learning, KWASU has remained true to its vision of providing a world-class education that fosters entrepreneurship and innovation.
As it continues to grow and expand its horizons, KWASU is poised to make an even greater impact on the educational landscape of Nigeria and beyond.
As prospective students consider Kwara State University (KWASU) for their higher education journey, it’s essential to stay informed about the cutoff mark, admission requirements, scholarships, and tuition fees.
While the cutoff mark for the 2023/2024 academic session is yet to be announced, it is advisable to check for updates from KWASU regularly. Meeting the general admission requirements, including a minimum of five credit passes in relevant subjects, is crucial for eligibility.
FAQ on Kwara State University
How much is KWASU school fees?
The Kwara State University, Ilorin’s current tuition ranges from $99,500 to $200,000 for new students and from $109,500 to $210,000 for returning students. You must verify the departmental fees for new students on the school’s official website.
Can I enter KWASU with 120?
The JAMB cut-off mark for Kwara State University (KWASU) is 120. This means that candidates who score 120 and above in the UTME examination are eligible to apply for admission into any course of their choice at KWASU.
What is the cut-off mark for KWASU 2023 2024?
The JAMB UTME Cut Off Mark for Kwara State University, Ilorin (KWASU) is 160. Only candidates who scored 160 and above in their UTME result are eligible to apply for admission.