We are pleased to inform all candidates that the purchase of the NOUN Admission Form for 2022/2023 is ongoing. The management is inviting all candidates who wish to further their educational path at the National Open University of Nigeria to apply now. All info concerning the NOUN Admission Form has been provided here. Hence, stick around while we walk you through this article.
Table of Contents
Available Programs At NOUN
The National Open University of Nigeria management board also announced that the sales of Admission application forms for admission into the following:
Post Graduate Diploma,
Doctor of Philosophy Programmes
NOUN Admission Requirement for Various Programs
1. Certificate Programmesa) Proficiency Certificate Programmes No previous experience or qualification is necessary. The ability
- to read and write will be an advantage. Note: Candidates for Proficiency Certificates will NOT be qualified to proceed to Certificates/Diploma programs without possessing the requisite basic qualifications.
b) University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
- Junior Secondary School Certificate.Minimum of 2 credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB, and at not more than two sittings. T.C. II with at least 2 merits at not more than two sittings. Mature candidates of 30 years and above with relevant work experience of not less than 10 years or evidence of prior knowledge/proficiency in a relevant field may be considered on their merit.I’dadiyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School. 2. Diploma Programmes A minimum of three credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, and NABTEB at not more than two sittings with at least a pass in the English Language.A minimum of three merits in Teacher Grade II Certificate at not more than two sittings.Senior Islamic School Certificate/Higher Islamiyyah Certificate including Arabic and Islamic StudiesThanawiyyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.NOUN Academic Certificate and Certificates of other recognized institutions.
Note: To qualify to proceed to the appropriate degree program of NOUN, holders of Diploma Certificates would be required to make up any deficiencies in their SSCE/GCE, NECO, NABTEB, and T.C II.3. Undergraduate Programmes.100 Level:
- Five credits in the SSCE / GCE O’Level / NECO / NABTEB or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study. Teachers’ Grade II Certificates with a minimum of five merits or its combination with any of the certificates listed under (i) to obtain the
- equivalent of five credits at ‘O’Levels. Candidates seeking admission into the
- School of Law must have five(5) credits including English Language, Literature in English, and at least a credit Pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in NECO / SSCE or GCE O/L only. The School of Arts and Social Sciences requires that one of the five credits or merits must be in the
- English Language, while at least two (2) should be in subjects relevant to the proposed field. For the
- School of Management Sciences, the credit passes at Ordinary Level must include English and Mathematics For the School of Education, the credit passes must include Mathematics for Science Education and English Language for all humanities. Additionally, those in Science Education must have credit in the English Language. For the
- School of Science and Technology, the credit passes must include Mathematics and English Language. The minimum entry requirement for B.Sc. Environmental Science and Resource Management are
- five (5) O’Level (SSCE / NECO / GCE or NABTEB) Credits at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics and any of Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science, and Economics.
- National Diploma at Upper Credit from recognized institutions. National Certificate in Education (NCE) in the
- subject(s) relevant to the proposed program of study with a minimum of one merit and two passes. International Baccalaureates, Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) with at least two ‘A’ Level papers in relevant subjects and a pre-requisite number of ‘O’ Level credit passes. Candidates for entry into the School of Law must have a minimum Second Class (Lower) degree from any recognized University with at least five credits including English Language, Literature in English, and a credit pass in Mathematics at not more than two sittings in NECO / SCCE or GCE ‘O’ Level only. Candidates for entry into the School of Science & Technology may be admitted into the 300 Level of the program provided they have the following qualification:
a) Five (5) credit pass in not more than two sittings in SSCE / NECO / GCE or NABTEB in the following subjects: English Geography and Economics.
b) A registered and licensed Community Health Extension Worker with a Diploma in Community Health Officers Programme (Higher National Diploma) and with not less than two years post-qualification
- Five (5) ‘0’ level credit passes and ‘A’ level passes must be in subjects relevant to the proposed program (s).‘O’ level credit pass in Mathematics is required for all Sciences and Technology, Business Education, and Science Education Programmes. ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics may be considered for Social Sciences Programmes. Also, an ‘O’ level pass in the English Language may be considered for Physics and Mathematics Programmes. Candidates applying for B.A. English, B.A. (Ed) English, and B.Sc. Mass Communication must have an ‘O’ level credit pass in Literature in English. Holders of First Degree, HND, or RN with prior knowledge and relevant work experience may be considered for advanced placement and waiver. Candidates awaiting results of any relevant examination may also apply; they should, however,
- note that processing of the application will not be completed until entry requirements are met.4. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMESCandidates seeking admission must possess either Bachelor’s Degree Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognized by the Senate of NOUN; or holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from institutions recognized by the Senate of NOUN. Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must possess a minimum L.L.B degree. Candidates seeking admission for PGD Agricultural Extension and Management must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3rd class division is required. Candidates with a pass degree and a minimum of 3 years of related experience may be accepted. HND holders in Agric Science or other related disciplines may be admitted. Holders of Bachelor’s degrees in basic Science, Biological/Earth Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences from Universities that are recognized by NOUN are admitable. Candidates
- seeking admission for the PGD HIV/AIDS Education and Management must possess an HND or a good first degree in a related field of study. In addition, 5 credits in English, Mathematics, a science subject, and 2 other subjects.
5. MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a University recognized by the Senate of NOUN in a related field or study. A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University recognized by Senate may also be admitted. A good honors degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, Vocational, and Technical subjects) from any University recognized by the Senate of NOUN.Prospective students seeking admission for M.Sc. HIV/AIDS Management is required to have PGD in HIV/AIDS education and management as well as 5 credits in: English and Mathematics, a science subject, and 2 other subjects.
6. DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PHD) PROGRAMMES
- For the Doctor of Philosophy degree programs, candidates must possess a master’s degree in relevant fields of study from a University recognized by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale. Candidates for Ph.D. Programs will be invited for an interactive session before an offer of admission is made. Candidates are advised to forward transcripts of their academic records and three (3) referees’ reports, 2 of which must be from persons very well acquainted with the candidate’s academic work to the Dean of, the Postgraduate School from which admission is requested.
7. ACCESS PROGRAMME.
- As part of her mandate to increase access to Higher Education, the National Open University of Nigeria now offers a Remedial Programme at the ‘O’ level to the Nigerian Public. Students who are admitted into these programs will be taught the face-to-face mode for a full academic year after which they would sit for any National ‘O’ Level examinations of their choice for a start, the program would take off in three Study Centres of the University: Lagos, Kaduna, and Kebbi respectively.
Recommended: University of Uyo Direct Entry Form
How to Apply for NOUN Admission Form
- The website can be accessed by clicking here. https://admissions.nouonline.net/
- Apply for Admission can be found in the Menu Bar at the top of the page.
- You can choose from a variety of programs, including undergraduate, postgraduate, PhD, and ACETEL programs.
- Choose Faculty” is where you’ll find it (note it can be found on the left-hand side of the screen)
- Fill out the form that appears after you’ve selected Faculty as your field of study
- Click To see the admissions requirements
- Please click “Apply” to continue.
- Keep an eye out for the UNIQUE ID that appears.
- Click the “Next” button.
- The payment method should be Bank Branch.
- Pay by clicking the “Pay” button.
- In order to make a payment, simply copy and present your RRR number at any bank.
NOUN Admission Application Closing Date
Not available at the moment.
But you can do yourself lots of good by registering now, to avoid certain issues like rush hour registration, among others.Please don’t forget to share this information with your friends on Facebook, Whatsapp, and Twitter, using the share buttons below.
Is NOUN full-time or part-time?
NOUN is not a part-time school, sorry. Students must devote a specific number of hours to studying full-time. You can combine your work and study depending on your burden.
How much are the NOUN form and school fees?
The National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos, now charges new students 61,340 Naira and returning students 45,340 Naira for tuition.
How do I obtain a NOUN application form?
When a candidate makes a payment online with a credit card, they automatically receive the online form, which they must complete before submitting. When paying using a bank branch, applicants must click “Continue After Payment” and provide their RRR and Unique ID. Additionally, they have the option of changing the program they applied for.