This is to let you know that the IUO Postgraduate Admission Form for the 2022/2023 academic session is out and currently ongoing. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Igbinedion University Okada (IUO) postgraduate programs for the 2022/2023 academic session.
Igbinedion University Postgraduate General Admission Requirements
- A Candidate for Postgraduate Studies in Igbinedion University must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents) NOTE: A CREDIT PASS IN MATHS AND ENGLISH IS REQUIRED.
- Four credits at Ordinary level, plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes, or any other equivalent qualification.
- A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate Programmes of the University. He/She must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Master’s Programmes.
- A candidate applying for the Ph.D. in any Programmes of Igbinedion University must have obtained a minimum weighted average score of 60% in the Master’s degree.
- Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption, or exclusion certificate can be allowed to clear into the different courses.
- In addition to the above, applicants for:
- –Msc Nursing:
- Must be Registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Must possess a valid Midwifery Council of Nigeria license -PGD
- Nursing (PGDN):
- Must be Registered Nurse (RN) and Registered Midwife (RM)
- Must have a first Bachelors’s degree in related health subjects, e.g. Psychology, Nutrition, etc.
- Computer Science:
- Applicants with a degree in Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, BSc.(Ed) Computer may be considered
- Applicants with related B.Sc. degree, where Physiology has been part of courses taught could be considered.
- –Msc Nursing:
- MBA from a recognised University can apply for Mphil/Ph.D in Management.
TRANSCRIPTS: Candidate should request for their transcripts from their former institution. Applications of candidates whose transcripts are not forwarded to the school shall not be processed.
REFEREES REPORTS: Candidates should print out the referee forms provided in the application page, fill and return directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
How to Apply for IUO Postgraduate Admission Form
The procedure for the 2022/2023 Application for Postgraduate Admission for first-time applicants is as follows:
Candidates are advised to have a valid e-mail account before starting the application process.
- Visit www.iuokada.edu.ng Click on Online Applications
- Select Postgraduate Programmes 2022/2023
- Download and Read the Instructions and Guidelines before proceeding
- Click on Register for application at the top left of the displayed page to proceed.
- Enter your First name; Middle name; and Surname along with your Email Adress and Phone Number.
Immediately, your ID and Password will be sent to your email. Click on the Link within your email to continue
- Back On iuokada.waeup.org click on ‘Login’ (top right of the front page).
- Enter your username and the password to login.
- To start the application process, please click on ‘Application record’ and provide all required information and upload your passport photograph.
- Provide all the required information and upload your passport photograph.
- Upload a Recent and clear 1” x 1” COLOURED passport photograph
NOTE that the photograph uploaded will be the only valid ID for all admitted candidates throughout their stay in the Igbinedion University, Okada, .
- To pay for the Application, click on “Add online payment ticket” at the bottom of the page, then click on “Pay with…” Interswitch or Etransact on the top left corner of the page, follow the instruction to pay the application fee of N 15,0000.00;(excluding charges) with a valid ATM-Enabled Card from any Commercial Bank in Nigeria.
- Request that your transcript be sent to Igbinedion University.Address: The Office of the Secretary,
School of Post Graduate Studies & Research (Main Campus),
Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State, Nigeria
- Send out the Referee forms. Your Application will not be processed until they are submitted.
- Preview and confirm your information before submitting your application online.
There is no deadline for application into the PhD Programmes.