Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) / Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) admission for postgraduate and professional certificate programs calls for applications from interested candidates and suitably qualified candidates.
The Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) and the Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Okerenkoko Delta State are now accepting applications from suitably qualified individuals for admission to the 2022/2023 academic session of the following jointly administered programmes:
- Maritime Security and Safety (Certificate Course, PGD, M.Sc., PhD);
- Maritime Dispute Management and Resolution (Certificate Course);
- Maritime Risk Analysis and Disaster Management (Certificate Course, PGD);
- Maritime Entrepreneurship (Certificate Course);
- Maritime Transport Technology (Certificate Course, PGD/M.Sc., PhD);
- Transport Management (PGD, M.Sc., PhD);
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Certificate Course, PGD, M.Sc., PhD.)
- Shipping and Maritime Operations (Certificate Course, PGD, M.Sc., PhD.)
- Safety Management System (Certificate Course).
Study centers include the NDA Kaduna, NMU Delta State and the Federal Capital Territory Abuja, with an optional study mode of full-time, part-time, online as well as a hybrid of these.
- Postgraduate Certificate (NG Certificate) – 8 Months
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) – 16 months
- MA/MSC – 24 Months
- PhD – 48 months
With academic activities set to commence in November 2022, all programs are running without industrial action such as ASUU STRIKE, just as some programs will involve field trips/practical classes held at the NDA, NMU, the Maritime Academy of Nigeria Oron, and the Regional Maritime University Ghana.
- To qualify for any of the advertised certificate courses, candidates must have five (5) credit passes at the O/level or its equivalent. Related work experience with relevant professional
- Certificates can be accepted; To qualify for admission to any of the graduate programs, a candidate must meet, among other things, all matriculation requirements of at least five (5) credits, including English Language and Mathematics. Some programs may accept at least a passing grade in Mathematics;
- For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, candidates must hold either a minimum of Third Class (Hons) Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a university recognized by the Senate of the NDA/NMU OR a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of lower credit. Equivalent and relevant professional certificates can also be accepted with continuous work experience of more than two (2) years;
- For master’s degree programmes, candidates must possess either a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower in relevant fields of study from a recognized University in or outside Nigeria. However, holders of lower classifications OR a Post Graduate Diploma in related fields of study from a recognized University may be accepted. An equivalent of relevant professional certificates and more than four (4) years continuous work experience is an advantage and can be accepted;
- For the Doctor of Philosophy degree programs, candidates must hold a master’s degree in relevant fields of study from a university with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 on a 5-point scale scale .
Those with a lower CGPA with continuous work experience and professional certificates can be accepted;
- All applications are made online, together with the submission of scanned copies of credentials;
- All certificates will be uploaded upon filling in the application form. The National Youth Service Corp Discharge Certificate, Exemption Certificate, Military Service Record, Paramilitary Service Record (as applicable) must be presented;
- To apply for a program, read all instructions carefully.
- Click on the Apply button on the school website: www.nmu.edu.ng
- Fill in the remaining details on the page before submitting.
- Electronic payment of N21,000.00 (twenty one thousand naira) is a mandatory application fee for all programs only.
Successful applicants will be contacted by email.
For enquiries, please contact Mercy at 09080877733, 08035443720 or [email protected].