The National Business and Technical Examination Board (
The National Business and Technical Examination Board (
This entry guide is issued together with other documents for the November/December Certificate examination. It contains instructions for easy online registration.
PURCHASE OF REGISTRATION PINS:
Registration PINs for the above examinations, mainly for private candidates, are available for purchase from:
- NABTEB zonal offices in Abuja, Kaduna, Yola, Osogbo, Enugu and Benin City,
- NABTEB Liaison Office in Abuja,
- NABTEB Area Office in Lagos,
- NABTEB Government Offices Nationwide and
- NABTEB National Headquarters, Ikpoba Hill, Benin City.
Approved NABTEB centers are free to register candidates for the examinations, but they must obtain a registration PIN for each candidate from the designated sales points.
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO CANDIDATES
- Entries that do not comply with the Council’s regulations will be rejected.
- The Board will ensure that examinations take place as indicated on the Timetable at various centres. However, changes, if any, will be communicated to candidates through the mass media or through their centres. Candidates are strongly advised to check their centers/NABTEB website for such important information at least 3 days before the commencement of the examination.
- The Board reserves the right to cancel or withhold the results of any candidate in whole or in part for reasons related to examination malpractices and irregularities.
- The Council shall indemnify its employees or agents from all liability, for any injury, delay, loss or damage, howsoever caused and of whatever nature, arising directly or indirectly from any act, omission or default on their part while acting in the course of or in connection with the Board’s Examinations.
- The Board may reject the writings of any candidate in any paper for which the candidate is not properly registered.
- Only three (3) changes will be allowed for trades/subjects after registration. However, no change will be allowed for Bio-data entries.
MATERIALS ADMITTED FOR THE EXAMINATION
- All candidates must provide their own pen, pencil, eraser, ink, ruler and mathematical set.
- Drawing Materials: Candidates are expected to provide their own drawing board, tee square, metric scale ruler and other drawing tools. They are also allowed to use slide rules during the exam if the need arises.
- The use of a simple, non-programmable, silent and cordless calculator is permitted.
- Candidates are not allowed to enter the examination hall with GSM handset and other electronic devices.
DATE AND TIME OF EXAMINATION
- It is essential that candidates check the date and time of the commencement of their papers from the examination timetable and their examination center or from the Board’s website.
In general, morning papers start at 09:00, and candidates must arrive at their examination centers at least half an hour before the start of each paper.
- No candidate is allowed to leave the hall, unless on confirmed health grounds, up to 30 minutes to full time for a 3-hour paper or 10 minutes to full time for an objective paper. Where a health problem is confirmed, the center invigilator is under instructions to ensure that question papers and other worked-out materials are not taken from the examination room. Similarly, no candidate is allowed in an examination hall 30 minutes after the commencement.
- Examination Malpractices Act No. 33 of 1999: The attention of the candidate is hereby drawn to the provisions of Examination Malpractice Act No. 33 of 1999 which provides severe penalties for examination malpractice. Candidates are therefore warned to refrain from actions that would violate the provisions of the Act.
- Candidates are not allowed to bring textbooks, scripts or plain sheets of paper into the hall, apart from materials they have been specifically told to bring for the examination.
- Candidates must not communicate with each other during the examination. Candidates who wish to ask questions must attract the attention of the supervisor/invigilator by raising their hands.
- The Board does not accept responsibility for the loss of books, bags or other property that candidates bring to the examination centre.
- A candidate who disobeys any of these instructions may be asked to stop his or her work, by the supervisor who is instructed to report such disobedience to the Board.
- Where examination officials or school authorities are involved in Examination malpractices or irregularities, candidates can report directly to the Board with evidence.
Candidates for practical examinations are required to provide their own tools. In the case of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), candidates may be allowed to provide their own computers/laptops. Candidates are expected to exercise great care in handling and using the machines and tools provided by their centres. Cut list for practical papers will be sent to Centers and candidates have to make individual arrangements with the Principals/Owners of their centers for procuring materials for their practical papers for which they have to pay.
The cost of the material(s) required for each practical paper will be calculated by the Council and sent to Centres. Candidates are free to demand it from the Principals/Owners of their centers who are under instructions to make it available to candidates who may want to make private arrangements to get the material for practical papers. Candidates are therefore strictly advised to go to their centers at least one week before the commencement of their papers to make proper arrangements for obtaining material for practicals.
No results will be issued to candidates who sit for papers for which they are not registered. However, if you register for a paper and your name does not appear on the marks and attendance sheet, report to the supervisor, who is authorized to take appropriate action. If you have been registered for the wrong paper(s) or your name has been spelled incorrectly, you must immediately let the Supervisor know for correction. Multiple / double registration (registration for two or more trades at the same time) will be invalid.
Scan and upload your colored passport photo with RED background and measuring 2cm x 1.5cm. Use of Webcam passport is not allowed.
ADMISSION NOTICE FORM
Candidates must download the admission notification form and bring it to the examination hall for all the papers registered for.
You are required to provide your personal information which includes the following: First Name, Middle Name and Surname, e.g. “Muyiwa Emeka Yakubu, Address, Date of Birth and Gender Information.
REGISTRATION FOR BOTH ORDINARY AND ADVANCED CRAFTS
No candidate is allowed to register for NBC and ANBC or NTC and ANTC subjects together in the same examination series. Where this is done, the entry will be rejected.
A candidate is required to enroll for only one trade. Multiple entries will be void.
TRADE, TRADE RELATED AND TRADE COMPONENTS
- Examination centers may not register candidates for trades for which their centers are not approved. Colleges/schools that do not strictly adhere to this will have their enrollments in the affected subjects invalid.
- No ANBC/ANTC candidate is allowed to write any of the General Education subjects at ordinary level.
- Except for candidates applying for General Education, all other candidates can only apply for any of the subjects listed against their trades.
CORRESPONDENCE AFTER SUBMISSION OF ENTRY
In all correspondence the candidate must state:
- His/her full name
- Exam number
- Year of Exam/Series
- Examination Centre
- Trade name/code.
- Contact address and telephone number
VISUALLY CHALLENGED CANDIDATES
Visually impaired candidates will also register online but must clearly indicate the nature of their challenge.
- Candidates are strongly advised to use standard cyber cafe for their entries.
- Biometric registration is mandatory for all candidates
Share this post: If you think this post might be helpful to someone else, please share it using the buttons below!
Info: If you found this article helpful, kindly drop a comment below this article. If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the share-buttons above!!!. | Follow us on Twitter @Shoreloop. | Like us on Facebook.