The Emerald Energy Institute, University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria has commenced the sale of application forms for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The Emerald Energy Institute for Petroleum and Energy Economics, Policy and Strategic Studies at the University of Port Harcourt is a graduate education institute for petroleum, energy economics, management and policy. His vision is to educate, empower and engage professionals and corporate decision makers in the petroleum and energy industry. The modular, flexible and intensive Ph.D. is managed in collaboration with Petroleum Engineering Department.
UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute Postgraduate Courses
- Ph.D Petroleum Economics
- Ph.D Energy Economics
- M.Sc. Petroleum Economics and Policy Programme
- M.Sc. Energy Economics and Policy Program
- Master of Petroleum Business Management
- Master of Energy Business Management
- Professional Master in Petroleum Economics (non-dissertation)
- Professional Master in Energy Economics (without thesis)
- Professional M.Sc. Petroleum Regulation and Policy (Non-Thesis)
- Professional M.Sc. Climate Change, Green Economy and Policy (without thesis)
- Professional M.Sc. Energy Regulation and Policy (without thesis)
- Professional M.Sc. Energy Transition Management and Policy (without thesis)
- PGD Petroleum and Energy Economics.
UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Admission Requirements for Post Graduate Program (PGD)
Applicants will be expected to have a good bachelor’s degree in either Sciences (Physical/Chemical), Management, Social Sciences, Geosciences or Engineering. Holders of HND with a minimum of Upper credit can also apply. All candidates must also meet the minimum matriculation requirements of the University of Port Harcourt.
Admission Requirements for Masters in Energy Economics/Energy Business Management/Petroleum Business Management/Petroleum Economics
Applicants will be required to have a minimum of Second Class Honors (Farmers Division) in a relevant field in Social Sciences, Management Sciences, Law, Sciences, Geosciences or Engineering. However, candidates with Second Class Honors (Lower Division) with at least 3 years of experience in the energy and petroleum industry may be considered. All candidates must also meet the minimum matriculation requirements of the University of Port Harcourt.
Admission requirements for Masters of Science (MSc.) programmes
Candidates must hold a Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum of Second Class (Agricultural Division) in Social Sciences, Management Sciences, Engineering or Physical Sciences. Sponsored company personnel and candidates with at least three (3) years of experience in the petroleum and energy industries and a Second Class (Lower Division) degree with a minimum CGPA of at least 3.00 (on a 5-point scale) may also be considered. Law degree holders with sufficient years of experience in the oil, gas and power industry may also be considered.
Requirements for Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programs
Admission to the PhD program will be on a competitive basis. The following are the criteria for admission of students to the programme:
- Candidate with a B.Sc. Second Class Higher (or Lower Division degree with a CGPA of 3.0 and above on a 5-point scale, in Social and Management Sciences, Engineering or Geosciences with at least three years of experience in the oil and gas industry) are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must hold an M.Sc. degree in appropriate majors, with a minimum CGPA of 4.00 on a 5-point scale to be eligible for admission.
In addition to the above requirements, ALL candidates must also meet the minimum graduate school matriculation requirements of the University of Port Harcourt.
UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute Postgraduate Programs Duration
- The duration of the PGD program will be 12 months of full-time, modular, intensive study. Industry/company workers can also attend modular/sandwich programs and accumulate credits for 24 months (Part-time)
- The Professional Masters Programs (Masters in Energy Economics/Energy Enterprise Management/Petroleum Business Management/Petroleum Economics) at EEI can be completed in 18 months and a maximum of 24 months.
- However, the duration of the Master of Science (M.Sc.) programs is 6 quarters of full-time intensive study and 8 quarters of modular intensive study.
- The Ph.D. program is hybrid, intensive and flexible. It will require a minimum of 12 quarters of intensive coursework after the MSc degree from reputable institutions with a minimum CGPA of 4.00.
UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute Postgraduate programs Teaching method and objectives
The curriculum is flexible and intensive. It is delivered in modules by university faculty and industry experts from Nigeria and abroad. Upon completion of this program, the graduates would have acquired skills relevant to careers in petroleum and energy industries, among others; in government ministries, departments and parastatals responsible for the management of petroleum and energy resources; and in banking/financial institutions, and energy and petroleum policy consulting units, and academia.
How to Apply for UNIPORT Emerald Energy Institute Postgraduate Admission Form
A non-refundable Application Fee of
A25,000 (Twenty Five Thousand Naira) payable to Emerald Energy Institute, UNIPORT. The completed Application Forms must be submitted online or hard copies sent by courier service to the Emerald Energy Institute office. Application forms can be obtained from Emerald Energy Institute or downloaded from the website: www.eeiuniport.edu.ng.
Completed Application Forms must be returned to the Director, Emerald Energy Institute for Petroleum, Energy Economics, Policy and Strategic Studies, University of Port Harcourt, eight (8) weeks from the date of publication.
Selected candidates may be invited for oral interview before admission is finalised.
TAGGED: www.uniport.edu.ng | University of Port-Harcourt: UNIPORT