University of Greenwich 2023: Admission for Nigerians in 2023 with Scholarships is an opportunity to explore. Studying abroad is one experience that can be very beneficial to anyone. Studying at the University of Greenwich will allow the students to not only study in a foreign nation but will afford students the chance to take in a new culture from another land. Aside from learning a new culture, students will embody new experiences that will help them flourish at whatever job they eventually step up to.
Across the globe, there are tons of universities. Ranging from state to public, private, military, etc. The University of Greenwich is a public university located in London and Kent, United Kingdom. Founded by Frank Didden, the university dates back to 1891, when it was called Woolwich Polytechnic. Before it became a university, it was first a polytechnic that schooled its students in skills relevant to their immediate community at the time. It has more than one campus. All the structures are put up to soothe the need of the students and to ensure learning in a conducive environment. With a rich socio-cultural history, the school offers attractive opportunities for both its local and international students.
As we read further, you will discover more about the University of Greenwich 2023: Admission for Nigerians in 2023 with Scholarships.
Table of contents
Admissions at the University of Greenwich 2023
The admissions procedure at the University of Greenwich varies and is dependent on the Faculty or course of choice. It offers admissions in three academic terms in January, April, and September. At the moment, the University of Greenwich is accepting applications for the term starting in September. Some of their programs accept applications in the term starting in January or April for a range of undergraduate and graduate programs. There are almost 38,000 students at the University of Greenwich including international students who come from over 130 countries.
The graduate program at the University of Greenwich includes more than 150 postgraduate courses. These courses include creative arts, criminology, accounting and finance, business, computer science, and civil engineering. While the undergraduate program includes over 200 undergraduate courses.
The admission requirement for international students at the undergraduate level is a high school diploma or Class 12 with a minimum of 70% aggregate. For graduate courses, the requirement is a degree equivalent to the UK. 2:2 is required or a 4-year bachelor’s degree with a minimum average of 65%.
Applications have closed for the majority of courses in medicine, dentistry, and veterinary. The final deadline to apply for other undergraduate courses is June 30, 2023.
University of Greenwich 2023 Graduate Admissions
There is a wide range of graduate courses to pick from. These include multiple MBAs, and a series of MA and MSc programs in varying areas of interest. As well as diploma and dual degree programs. Application is done through the application portal: Greenwich Online Portal. No application fee is required, and the application requirements include the following:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree equivalent to a UK degree
- Academic score: 65% or equivalent GPA
- ELP score:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL IBT – 93
- PTE – 58
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- Work Experience
MBA Admissions at the University Of Greenwich 2023
The University of Greenwich offers multiple MBA programs including specializations in International Business, Finance, and Marketing Management, along with an Executive MBA program. The MBA in International Business is available in 2 years full-time and 4 years part-time mode while MBA with finance and marketing specializations is a 2 years full-time mode offer. On the other hand, the Executive MBA is a one-year full-time program, also offered in 2-3 years part-time mode. Application is done through the application portal: Greenwich Online Portal. There is no application fee, and the application requirements include the following:
- 2:2 bachelor’s degree equivalent to UK degree
- Academic score: equivalent to 65%
- ELP score:
- IELTS – 6.5
- TOEFL-IBT – 93
- PTE – 58
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- 4-year full-time professional experience
University Of Greenwich 2023 Undergraduate Admissions
Greenwich offers a variety of degrees at the undergraduate level including Bachelor of Engineering, Bachelor of Science, and Bachelor of Arts degree. It also allows transfer options to the 2nd or 3rd year of a bachelor’s degree. While a majority of the undergraduate programs at the University of Greenwich are a 4-year full-time mode offer, there are some undergraduate courses that also offer 8 years of part-time options and a 5-year sandwich with a bachelor’s degree.
Application Portal: University’s Online Portal
Application Fee: 22.5 GBP/2,299 INR (Single Course) | 27.5 GBP/2,810 INR (Multiple Options)
- High School Diploma or Class 12
- Academic score: equivalent to 70%
- ELP score:
- IELTS – 6.0
- TOEFL-IBT – 79
- PTE – 52
- Academic letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement
Interview Process for the University Of Greenwich 2023 Admission
Once you accept the University of Greenwich admissions, you will be invited to appear for an interview either virtually or on campus. This is dependent on the type of program you apply for. If you are invited for a virtual interview, you should have these requirements ready:
- You should have a laptop or PC. This is the means through which the interview will hold.
- Ensure to test your camera and sound device for sound communication and transmission.
- You are to join the interview in Microsoft Teams either through the application or the web.
- Set up your device properly.
The University Of Greenwich 2023 Admission Decision
The evaluation process varies from department to department and the admission decisions are released based on how early the candidate submits his/her application. Once accepted, for admission, the department will directly contact the applicant by sending a Letter of Enrollment or an offer from Postgraduate Research Admissions. The admission offer is released within 6-8 months.
Within 30 days of receiving the admission offer, the applicant must confirm his admission. If not, the application will be withdrawn and you lose your chance for the school to consider you for another enrollment.
Selection Criteria for the University Of Greenwich 2023 Admission
A strong academic background is the main base on which acceptance to study at the University of Greenwich is granted. The acceptance rate is around 64% at the University of Greenwich. Candidates who meet the minimum admission requirement will be considered but not above those who have strong academic standing. All applicants are to have at least high test scores in IELTS or GMAT/GRE, etc to have an outstanding application. A professional experience in a relevant field is also an edge.
Admission for Nigerians in 2023 with Scholarships
International students who hold an offer to study at the University of Greenwich could receive a tuition fee discount worth up to £3,000 in the first year.
To apply, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- You have received an offer to begin a course in September 2023, January 2024, or April 2024. You must submit your application before your course start date to enable the panel to make their decisions.
- You will pay fees at the international rate.
- You are not receiving any other scholarships from the University or another source.
Demand for our courses changes over the course of the academic year. As such the International Recruitment team will withdraw programs for award consideration at short notice. University of Greenwich International College (UGIC) students who are progressing to the university component of their course will receive good consideration.
- The offer you got must be a full-time undergraduate or taught postgraduate course for the upcoming September, January, or April intakes.
- If you are paying fees at the international rate.
- Payment of this award is by way of a tuition fee reduction for the first year of study. Students must pay the full cost of tuition in subsequent academic years. The award cannot replace your deposit payment.
- The award cannot be applied retroactively and will be withdrawn if you have already commenced your studies.
- Upon receiving confirmation of the scholarship award, applicants should pay their tuition fee deposit (or accept their offer if a sponsored student) within 28 days. The University of Greenwich can not guarantee the scholarship past this point and may offer the award to other candidates applying in later application rounds.
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other award such as a bursary or scholarship. For Greenwich alumni, we offer a separate alumni scholarship.
- Recipients of the award may be asked to participate in university promotional activities, such as interviews and attendance at university events.
- You can only apply for this scholarship once.
- The decision of the panel is final.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide detailed individual feedback.
How to apply
The International Scholarship Award for all new applications for 2023/24 is open from 17/04/2023. Applicants must apply for the award by filling out the application form on the school’s website.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply for the University of Greenwich scholarship for international students?
To apply, you simply have to fill out the application form on the school’s website.
Can I get admission to the University of Greenwich without IELTS?
You can with a minimum average of 70% in English in 10+2. Also when you submit an equivalent of TOEFL or PTE scores.
Does the University of Greenwich have an application fee?
There is no application fee while applying through the University of Greenwich’s online portal. However, applicants applying for an undergraduate course through UCAS are to pay an application fee of 22.5 GBP/2,299 INR for Single Course and 27.5 GBP/2,810 INR for Multiple Options.
How difficult is it to get into Greenwich University?
Getting admission to the University of Greenwich can be difficult to some extent due to moderately competitive admissions. All prospective students are to keep a GPA or academic average above the minimum requirements and must fulfill all the eligibility criteria including English proficiency, SOP/LOR, with relevant work experience to improve their chances of admission.
Is the application portal for the 2023/2024 scholarship award open?
The International scholarship award for all new applicants for 2023/2024 is open from the 17th of April 2023.
International students have a good representation in the University of Greenwich student body. As we’ve seen, there is a level playing ground for all international students when it comes to scholarships. Eligibility is not ambiguous and is open to all. Greenwich University has shown its concern for everyone who is passionate about studying in their institute regardless of their cultural background or where they come from. It is only right to key into this favorable study opportunity to foster growth and personal improvement.
https://www.gre.ac.uk/ | University of Greenwich 2023: Admission for Nigerians in 2023 with Scholarships
https://www.collegedunia.com/ | University of Greenwich 2023: Admission for Nigerians in 2023 with Scholarships