It’s no doubt that there are lots of NGO scholarships in Nigeria for those seeking scholarships. Students or entrepreneurs who are unable to afford educational expenses may benefit from this opportunity.
There are many NGOs in Nigeria working towards the betterment of society by providing education to those who cannot afford it. Many of these NGOs provide financial assistance to their students in the form of scholarships.
These scholarships may come with certain requirements, such as completing a certain number of hours of community service each semester, maintaining a certain GPA, etc.
These NGOs are non-profit organizations that are dedicated to helping others. They often offer scholarships to students who want to study in their country.
There are various NGO scholarships for undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. studies that are offered to citizens of Nigeria as well as other countries. To apply for an NGO scholarship, you must meet the eligibility criteria provided by the organization.
Most organizations select their candidates based on their financial needs, career goals, and academic performance.
You can find all the information you need about the best NGO Scholarships in Nigeria right here. You can apply for them directly via the links provided.
Helpful Suggestion: How To Get Scholarship In Nigeria: Complete Steps
List Of Best Top NGO Scholarships In Nigeria
Here is a list of the top best NG Scholarship in Nigeria:
- Bishop Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship
- MTN Foundation Scholarship
- The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Program
- Jim Ovia Foundation Leaders Scholarship
- Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship
- Gani Fawehinmi Scholarship
- TY Danjuma MBA Scholarship
- Allex Otti Foundation Scholarship
- Orji Uzor Kalu Foundation Scholarship
- Babatunde Olusola Benson Foundation Scholarship
- WAAW Foundation Scholarship
Bishop Oyedepo Scholarship
An academically excellent student seeking a bachelor’s degree from either Covenant University or Landmark University can receive a Bishop Oyedepo Scholarship (DOF) NGO scholarship.
The Bishop Oyedepo Scholarship is open to students of African origin who are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program. To be considered for this scholarship, applicants must have been born in Africa or have at least one parent who is African.
Eligibility Requirements For Bishop Oyedepo Scholarship
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be an African citizen.
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- You must be enrolling in an accredited university in Africa.
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- must be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- You must be between the ages of 17 and 28.
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level
- You must demonstrate financial need.
- You must be willing to commit to using your education to help your home country.
- Are you eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa?
MTN Foundation Scholarship
The MTN Foundation Scholarship is open to students of African origin who wish to pursue higher studies in the fields of natural sciences, engineering, or computer science. The scholarship will cover the full cost of education and provide a monthly allowance for the scholar.
The MTN Science and Technology Scholarship Scheme (MTN STSS) and the MTN Scholarship Scheme for Blind Students (MTN SSBS) make up the MTN Scholarship Scheme, an annual scholarship award that recognizes and rewards top-performing students.
The selection criteria for this scholarship will be your academic performance. The foundation will award scholarships to students who have demonstrated excellence in their field of study and have the potential to make significant contributions to Nigeria and the African community at large.
Eligibility Requirements For The Mtn Foundation Scholarship
- Students who have achieved a GPA of 3.5 or higher, or an equivalent second-class upper, are eligible to apply.
- Students who are blind can apply for the SBSS provided they have a CCPA of at least 2.5 or its equivalent by the end of their second or third year of study.
- Students who have completed an OND program with a GPA of at least 3.0 (upper credit) and has registered for HND courses.
- Students who have maintained a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or its equivalent (second-class upper/upper credit) will be awarded renewals.
The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Program
The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme is an initiative to empower young African entrepreneurs by providing them with the necessary skills, mentoring, and funding to start their own businesses.
The Tony Elumelu Foundation has teamed up with other reputable corporations, NGOs, and colleges/universities to launch this program in different countries across Africa to make this goal possible.
As part of the foundation’s efforts to diversify the Nigerian economy away from dependence on oil, the Entrepreneurship Programme was launched in October 2015. It is open to all young people between the ages of 18 and 35.
At the heart of the program is a desire to assist young people in creating jobs for themselves and others.
WAAW Foundation Scholarship
The WAAW Foundation is dedicated to helping women achieve their educational goals. This foundation is open to women who are currently enrolled in a college or graduate program.
The WAAW Foundation hosts a yearly scholarship contest for women who are attending or have been accepted to a college or graduate program. Students must be Nigerian Citizens.
Students who prove their status as full-time STEM-related course students at an African university can receive WAAW scholarships. In order to receive a scholarship, recipients must start a STEM Outreach Chapter at their university.
In addition to these requirements, applicants must write an essay about a woman who inspires them and how she has impacted their life. Students must also submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher or advisor as well as a copy of their current transcript.
Eligibility For Waaw Scholarship
- Students must demonstrable financial need
- Open to female students of African origin, living and studying in Africa.
- Excellent Academic Record.
- Applicant must be Below the age of 32 years.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate B.S.degree program.
- Applicant Must have Proven leadership, volunteering, and community service records
- Studying STEM-related courses in a University or college in Africa.
- You must be a first or second-year student or a third-year student studying a five-year program to apply.
Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship
This NGO scholarship supports students from Nigeria who are pursuing a degree in any field of study. Guinness Nigeria’s desire to put in place innovative programs to promote young people’s development.
To be eligible for this award, applicants must be Nigerian citizens who are enrolled in a college or university in Nigeria. Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 to be considered for this award. Priority will be given to students who demonstrate financial need.
Students from Nigerian Universities and Polytechnics can benefit from this scholarship, as it covers tuition completely. Those from our host communities are also welcome to apply.
Allex Otti Foundation Scholarship
This is another NGO scholarship in Nigeria, where the recipients will be selected based on their strong academic background, leadership potential, and desire to contribute to societal improvement.
Conclusion On NGO Scholarship In Nigeria
NGO Scholarship is a great way to fund your studies. However, you need to make sure that you do your research to find the right program. Only then will you be able to get real value out of the program that you choose. Stay on top of your NGO Scholarship to make sure that you are getting the most out of it.