The York University International Scholarships by York University is an annual program designed to fund qualified international students to study in Canada. We provide in detail everything you need to know concerning this scholarship.
About York University International Scholarships
York University offers the Global Leader of Tomorrow Scholarships and the International Entrance Scholarships specifically for international students who would like to take a full-time undergraduate degree at the University of York, Canada.
York University in Ontario, Canada
Areas of Study
Any undergraduate degree program that begins in the Fall 2019 term under the following faculties: Arts, Media, Performance & Design; Environmental Studies; Education; Glendon; Health; Lassonde School of Engineering; Liberal Arts & Professional Studies; Science; or the Schulich School of Business
Number of Awards
Worth of Scholarship
Global Leader of Tomorrow Award: $80,000 ($20,000 x 4 years)
International Entrance Scholarships: $140,000 ($35,000 x 4 years)
All scholarships above are renewable for three years of full-time undergraduate study, provided high academic standing is maintained in each academic year.
To be considered for the Major International Scholarships, you must meet all criteria listed below:
• Must be an international student who is required to have a Study Permit to study in Canada
• Must have applied to an undergraduate degree program at York that begins in Fall 2019
• Must have applied to York directly from high school no more than two years after graduation, and have no previous university or college studies
• Must have an excellent academic record with a minimum “A” average or equivalent
• Must have demonstrated leadership through community service or excellence in the arts, sports, or other areas of individual achievement
• Must be nominated by their high school (schools may nominate one student only)
(i) The nominated student will be considered for the International Entrance Scholarship of Distinction, the Global Leader of Tomorrow Award, the International Circle of Scholars Scholarships, and the York University Academic Excellence Scholarships
(ii) Candidates must speak to their school guidance counselor, principal, or administration about the York International Student Scholarship & Award Application, and receive confirmation that they are the individual from that school who has been nominated
(iii) The candidate must then provide the name, position, e-mail, and phone number of the nominator in the application form
• Must upload one letter of recommendation
• Must ensure all required documents are shown as “Received” in the York application (MyFile)
• Must complete and submit the online International Student Scholarship Application
How to Apply
NOTICE!!! Applications are currently closed.
To apply, you must complete a scholarship application form online. The deadline for applications is yet to be announced.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://futurestudents.yorku.ca/funding#intl
Kindly use the comment section below for any contributions, suggestions or questions. Also share this post using the share icons below