Are you wishing to acquire higher education in journalism but don’t know how to support your study? Here is the good news, the University of Sheffield and the Department of Journalism Studies are delighted to invite applicants and students to apply for two Dan Walker Journalism Scholarships worth £10,000 each. Scholarships are available for pursuing taught postgraduate courses. Scholarships are awarded in the field of journalism.
This excellent program will consist of not just two scholarships worth £10,000 each but also periods of work experience in journalism and production and advice from Dan.
The University of Sheffield is a public research university in Sheffield, England. It was opened in 1897 and gained its royal charter in 1905. It houses currently 28,000 representing over 120 countries. It provides undergraduate and graduates degree programs in a variety of subjects.
Why study at the University of Sheffield?
With a world-renowned reputation for innovation, teaching, and excellence, it is a leading university in the UK. It is named in the list of world’s top universities by the QS World University Rankings.
University of Sheffield
Department of Journalism Studies
Worth of Scholarship
Number of Awards
UK and EU students will be accepted for this application
the United Kingdom
You can apply for a scholarship if you meet all of the following four criteria:
- You either already hold an offer of a place, or wish to apply, for MA Broadcast Journalism or MA Print Journalism at the University of Sheffield
- You are domiciled in the UK or European Union (EU) and not charged international rate fees
- You are not already qualified at masters level or higher
- You are self-funding
And either one or both of the following:
- You are from a group that is evidentially under-represented among the institution’s taught masters population
- You have already achieved or are currently predicted to achieve a first-class undergraduate degree – see the academic merit criteria below
The University of Sheffield is awarding two scholarships of £10,000 each for winning students to support their studies at the Department of Journalism.
24 June 2020
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, you must have applied for a place on either MA Print Journalism or MA Broadcast Journalism before the scholarship closing date of 26 June 2017. You can still apply for the course after this date, but you will no longer be eligible to apply for a scholarship. To apply for a course, please use Postgraduate Online Application Form.