TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Program 2022/2023 calls for applications from citizens of a developing country (except India). The deadline for submitting applications is 15 September 2022.
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) of India’s Ministry of Science and Technology, in collaboration with UNESCO-TWAS, has launched a fellowship program for foreign researchers from developing countries interested in pursuing research for a PhD in biotechnology.
TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowships are available for up to five years at prominent biotechnology research institutions in India.
TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Program Details
- SANDWICH Fellowships (for individuals enrolled in a PhD program in their home country): The Fellowship can be awarded for a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of two years.
- FULL-TIME Fellowships (for those not pursuing a PhD): The Fellowship is first granted for a term of up to three years. Such fellowships can later be extended for a further two years based on the student’s performance. Candidates will enroll in a PhD program at an Indian university. DBT will notify TWAS and the candidate of any such extensions.
TWAS-DBT Graduate Fellowship Program Eligibility
- Be a maximum age of 35 years on December 31 of the application year.
- Be nationals of a developing country (other than India).
- Should not have any visa for temporary or permanent stay in India or any developed country.
- Hold a master’s degree or equivalent degree in science or engineering.
- For SANDWICH fellowships, be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (example is included in the application form); OR
- For FULL-TIME Fellowships; be willing to register at a university in India.
- Get accepted at a biotech institution in India. NB Requests for acceptance must be addressed to the chosen host institution(s) and NOT to DBT.
- Provide an outline of a research proposal.
- Provide proof of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English.
- Provide evidence that he/she will return to his/her home country after completing the fellowship.
- Do not take on other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship.
- Be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Program Fees
- DBT will provide a monthly stipend to cover living expenses, food and health insurance. The monthly allowance will not be convertible into foreign currency. In addition, the fellowship holder will receive a house rent allowance.
How to Apply for TWAS-DBT Postgraduate Fellowship Program
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should apply through on the “Apply” button below:
No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Therefore, it is recommended to submit your electronic application as early as possible.
RECOMMEND: Check here for more scholarships and events.