Start your academic journey through STFC Fully-Funded International Scholarship in Data-Intensive Science offered by the Swansea University. The program is available for the academic session 2020/2021.
The educational award assists UK and EU students who want to undertake research within the Particle Physics and Cosmology Theory group.
About the Award
Why would you like to choose Swansea University? At this university, students will receive outstanding learning and teaching experience with a distinct emphasis on employability. The university provides students with the support that they need to turn their ideas and dreams into reality.
You might be interested in Study Abroad Scholarships for International Students
Open for 2020.
Department of Physics
Worth of Scholarship
Number of Awards
Available for International Students
Eligibility for STFC Fully-Funded International Scholarship
- Eligible Countries: UK and EU
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Doctoral research program in Data-Intensive Science. Research can be done in several areas of interest within the Particle Physics and Cosmology Theory Group at Swansea including Theoretical cosmology and gravitational waves, Hot and dense QCD on the lattice, Physics beyond the standard model, and Quantum Field Theories of Condensed Matter.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible for the opportunity, candidates must have first, upper second class honors or a Master’s degree with Merit, in a relevant discipline.
How to Apply for STFC Fully-Funded International Scholarship
- How to Apply: In order to gain access to the program, applicants must take admission in the Doctoral program at Swansea University. After that, candidates must download the research application form and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Form and return them to the College of Science with the following documents. Please email the documents to science-scholarships-at-swansea.ac.uk and include the ‘STFC 20-21 CDT application’ in the subject line of your application.
- Supporting Documents: Students must submit academic references, academic transcripts, degree certificates, and a recent CV with their application.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet the entry requirements of the program.
- Language Requirement: For candidates whose first language is not English, they must require IELTS 6.5 (with 6.0 in each component) or equivalent.
Benefits of this Scholarship
Swansea University is offering 48-month fully-funded STFC scholarships, which cover UK/EU tuition fees and an annual stipend. The current stipend is £15,285 per annum.