This is to let you know that the 2020 Stanbic IBTC Undergraduate scholarship is ongoing. The scholarship portal is now open and students are advised to visit the portal and complete their registration. Eligibility, requirements, how to apply and every other info concerning Stanbic IBTC Undergraduate scholarship has been provided in this post. Hence, stick around while we walk you through this article.
Brief Description About Stanbic IBTC Undergraduate Scholarship
This initiative is in the continuance of Stanbic IBTC Bank goal to support dreams and aspirations of Nigerian youths as they have been doing over the years through various activities such as Youth Leadership Series (YLS), Higher Institution Football League (HIFL) and so on.
The scholarship programme is aimed at encouraging hard work and academic excellence amongst Nigerian undergraduates and it is open to students who participated in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and have just gained admission into any Nigerian state or federal university.
Stanbic IBTC Bank
Worth of Scholarship
Mode of Application
Number of Scholarship
The 2020 Stanbic IBTC Undergraduate scholarship is open to undergraduate students
Scholarship Eligibility for Stanbic IBTC Undergraduate scholarship
The scholarship is only available to Applicants who:
- Reside in Nigeria and participated in the 2020 University Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
- Have a score of 200 and above in JAMB
- Have gained admission and have been properly enrolled in a Nigerian Federal or State University with relevant evidence.
How to Apply for Stanbic IBTC Undergraduate Scholarship
- Go to http://bit.ly/StanbicIBTCScholarship
- Fill in the required details, attach requested documents and submit
- Successful Applicants will be notified only via email.
- Where an applicant applies on more than one platform or submits multiple entries/applications, they shall still be entitled to only one Scholarship slot.
- The Stanbic IBTC Undergraduate Scholarship will only be awarded to 100 Applicants spread across the 36 States of the federation and FCT with a minimum of 2 Applicants per State.
- The Scholarship will be offered on a first-come, first-serve basis until the 100 slots are allocated.
- Scholarships will only be awarded to applicants that follow the instructions and meet all the eligibility criteria.
- Winners will only be contacted through the valid email address they provide.
- Applicants who plan on studying courses related to the “Future of Work” will be an added advantage (for example Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, IT and so on).
- Where an Applicant applies more than once/multiple times, they shall still be entitled to only one Scholarship slot.
- The decisions of Stanbic IBTC are final in all matters relating to the Scholarship.
Acceptance of Scholarship
Where you are successful and win the Scholarship, you must read and accept these Terms and Conditions and all other documents sent to your mail in full. By accepting this Scholarship from Stanbic IBTC, it is understood that you have read and agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Please note, if you are under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must read and consent to these terms and conditions and other accompanying documents on your behalf
Also, note the following;
- Successful applicants will receive an email to confirm the outcome of their application and they will only be contacted through the valid email address they provide
- The email received from a Stanbic IBTC authorized email will detail the scholarship benefits, payment timing, and other important information as required
- They will then receive other documents and forms which they will be asked to fill, sign and return, to confirm that they agree to the terms and conditions as stated herein
- If Successful Applicants do not wish to accept the scholarship they have been offered, they should advise us immediately by sending an email to UniversityScholarship@stanbicibtc.com
- Failure to accept the scholarship offer within the period specified in the notifying email will result into forfeiture of the offer
- Successful Applicants will be required to open a Stanbic IBTC Education Trust account and Stanbic IBTC bank account for payment of the Scholarship fund
- Successful Applicants may be required to provide additional evidence via a link that would be provided to them or via a Stanbic IBTC authorized email. The additional evidence will include providing the admission letter from the admitting University.
It Is Important to Note The following
- The Scholarship is awarded on the basis that you will maintain an enrolled status at the university in your admitted degree program
- The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship does not apply to employees of Stanbic IBTC and/or their immediate family members, where there are entries by employees of Stanbic IBTC or their immediate family members, it will not be rewarded.
- This scholarship is not (at all) sponsored by, run by or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram.
- Stanbic IBTC reserves the right to decline participation in the Scholarship for any applicant at their discretion.
Retention of Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship
To retain your scholarship, successful applicants must:
- Maintain an enrolled status in their respective Universities in the degree program they were admitted for
- Adhere to the academic and administrative policies of the University and annually provide a Letter of good conduct issued by their respective department
- Maintain a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of the second class upper (a CGPA of at least 3.5 in a CGPA system of 5 points, at least 3.0 in a CGPA system of 4 points, at least 4.6 in a CGPA system of 7 points). Evidence of the same must be provided at the beginning of every academic year before scholarship payment can be made.
- Meet any other additional criteria which would be communicated to you through email
- At the end of each academic year for the duration of your scholarship, you will be asked to provide a report detailing how the scholarship funds have been spent. It is the responsibility of the Successful applicant to provide this report at the specified time advised by Stanbic IBTC. Failure to return reports by the specified time, without reason, may result in future payments being withheld.
- Kindly note that the successful applicants would be entitled to this Scholarship for a total period of Four (4) years from the day of acceptance, notwithstanding the length of the degree programme. The Scholarship shall be paid at the beginning of every academic year subject to the terms and conditions contained herein.
Termination of Scholarship
Stanbic IBTC may terminate your scholarship if
- You withdraw or transfer from your program of study,
- You are suspended or excluded from the whole or part of the University or your program.
- You are expelled from the University.
- You have made any misrepresentation (whether negligently or intentionally) to us either in respect of applying for the Scholarship or during the course of and in connection with your studies at the University
- You have acted fraudulently or dishonestly in connection with securing your Scholarship or place at the University.
- If your scholarship is terminated, you will not receive any further payments. You may be required to repay some or all of the scholarship funds received by you where your termination relates to.
Opening And Closing Date Of Scholarship
The deadline to apply is now 31st December 2020. According to the scholarship board, the extension is to give fair chance to all 2020 UTME candidates. See details below: