In the nine years of this program, 92 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship
For the academic year commencing September 2020, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK–Imperial College London; University of Leeds; and University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. studies.
The following courses qualify for the award of scholarships at the three institutions:
|Imperial college London||MSc Petroleum EngineeringMSc Petroleum Geoscience|
|University of Aberdeen||MSc GeophysicsMSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas|
|University of Leeds||MSc Exploration GeophysicsMSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering|
- To be considered for the Shell Nigeria Scholarship for Postgraduate and Undergraduate Students, 2020, are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must show intellectual ability and leadership potential and must be a Nigerian student who has been offered a full-time admission to study one of the eligible courses at the participating universities having applied through the normal application process.
- Applicants for the masters’ award must have obtained relevant bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or its equivalent with an Upper Second Class Honours or higher.
- Postgraduate applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service by September 2020.
- Applicants that have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed countries.
- Applicants must plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed program of study.
- Undergraduate applicants must possess the minimum qualifications in their high schools and also possess good academic performance (CGPA).
- Applicants who are employees, employee’s relatives or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the scholarships.
- Submit an application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and the University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than April 15, 2020.
The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the three individual universities.
- Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
- SPDC will only provide medical insurance in line with UK Student Visa requirements
Application deadline: 15th April 2020
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
Stay Updated by Joining Our Telegram Group by clicking HERE