Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships is a programme of scholarships which is offered by the Scottish Government. This is done in collaboration with Scottish universities for Bachelor, Masters and PhD Programmes. Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are an incredible opportunity to study in a country with world-leading universities and a long tradition of academic excellence.
Saltire Scholars will act as ambassadors not only for the Saltire Scholarships programme but also for Scotland. They have to:
- Maintain a standard of conduct that will uphold the good reputation of the Saltire Scholarship Programme and the institution at which they study.
- Actively participate in the programme’s extra-curricular events.
- Support communications activity promoting Scotland and Scottish higher education, based on their own experience. This might include posting on social media about their time and experience in Scotland.
- Be available for an interview (including on camera) during either the welcome or end-of-year event, granting Scottish Government and the relevant university the right to use the text and footage indefinitely.
- Agree that the Scottish Government can use any photographs, blogs, quotes etc in connection with your Saltire Scholarship participation for marketing purposes.
Number of Scholarship
Nationals of the following countries: Canada, China (including Hong Kong), India, Japan, Pakistan and the USA.
Worth of Scholarship
Each award is worth £8000 to be used towards tuition fees for the duration of 1 year of full-time study on a postgraduate Masters programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions.
Mode of Application
Application Documents Required
The applicants are required to provide the following application materials during registration Process.
- Valid passport.
- Attested Original Scan Educational Certificate of highest diploma and transcript. ( Including Grading Points )
- Official TOEFL or IELTS English language proficiency score. ( English Proficiency Certificate May be Accepted on the basis of qualification ).
- Statement of purpose for undergraduate students. You need to mention the courses name and Major you are applying for and also write the reasons why you want to study in Scotland.
- Study Plan for candidates who are applying for a Master’s Degree. It should consist of at least 800 words.
- Candidates Who are willing to apply for a PhD degree should write a research proposal on a specific research Area.
31 July 2020 (Annual)
Also, apply for UWE Chancellor’s Scholarships for International Students
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships Eligibility
- Candidate should first apply to any university of the Scottish education system. When you get the pre-admission offer (letter) then you are eligible for the Scotland Scholarship.
- Should Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan, China or Hong Kong.
- Applicant should not have previously studied for a full undergraduate degree in Scotland.
- Candidate should not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
- Candidate should apply for BS, MS and PhD programmes only.
Applicants must demonstrate an interest in studying in Scotland and/or at a specific Scottish university and aspire to work and study in a global context and take a position of leadership in their chosen career. They must also demonstrate a willingness and the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to participate in the programme of activities that accompanies the scholarships.
While trying to apply for international scholarships, endeavour to enrol on free online courses.
These are some list of free online courses for you
How to Apply
In order to apply for a Saltire Scholarship, candidates must have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course. The scholarship application form must be submitted online by 31 July 2020.