Are you aware of the ongoing Rivers State Government Scholarship? As an indigene of Rivers State, you can clinch this scholarship with even minimum qualifications. Well, we are here to provide you with every information you may need about this program. For they say ‘information is power’.
Also Check out Imo State Government Scholarship Scheme
Eligibility and Requirements Rivers State Government Scholarship.
To qualify for the 2019 Rivers state government scholarship award, applicants must:
- Be an indigene of Rivers state
- Have at least five (5) credit grades in WASC/GCE/SSCE including Maths, English and 3 other relevant subjects obtained in one sitting.
- For undergraduate students, an applicant must be a full-time (100 LEVEL) degree student of the under-listed courses in Rivers State (the Ignatius Ajuru University of Education, Rivers State College of Arts and Science, Rivers State Polytechnic, Rivers State University, University of Port Harcourt).
- Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
- Business Administration/Economics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science/Computer Engineering/System Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Studies/Surveying
- Mass Communication/Journalism
- Mechanical/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Human Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy
- Petroleum Engineering
Read Also Anambra State Aviation Scholarship 2020
How to Apply for Rivers State Government Scholarship
To qualify for consideration, applicants MUST submit an application with the following information:
- Other Names.
- Functional E-mail address and phone number.
And attach scanned copies of original:
- Admission letter into an institution with information on the course of study, year of entry and duration.
- SSCE/GCE O’Level Certificate.
- Evidence of State of Origin / Local Government.
- A school ID card or National ID or Driver’s Licence or International passport
[su_button url=”riversstate.gov.ng” target=”blank” style=”soft” background=”#ef622d” size=”5″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: external-link” text_shadow=”0px px px #000000″]Apply Here[/su_button]
Application Deadline: Not yet specified.
Brief History About Rivers State
Rivers State, also known simply as Rivers, is one of the 36 states of Nigeria. According to census data released in 2006, the state has a population of 5,198,716, making it the sixth-most populous state in the country. Its capital and largest city, Port Harcourt, is economically significant as the centre of Nigeria’s oil industry. Rivers State is bounded on the South by the Atlantic Ocean, to the North by Imo, Abia and Anambra States, to the East by Akwa Ibom State, and to the West by Bayelsa and Delta states. It is home of many ethnic groups: Ikwerre, a subgroup of the Igbo people, Ijaw Subgroups, Ogoni people and other ethnic groups. The people from Rivers State are known as “Riverians”.
Recommended Abia State Scholarship 2020
The inland part of the state consists of tropical rainforest; towards the coast, the typical Niger Delta environment features many mangrove swamps.