This is to let you know that the NCDMB National Undergraduate Essay Competition is ongoing. Eligibility and other info concerning the NCDMB National Undergraduate Essay Competition have been provided in this post. Hence, stick around while we walk you through this article.
Brief Description About the NCDMB National Undergraduate Essay Competition
Sponsored by the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB). This award is designed to promote the Nigerian Content (NC) initiative and create the awareness for Nigerians to build local capacity to participate effectively in Nigerian’s Oil and Gas industry.
Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB)
2020 Essay Topic
Research And Development As A Lever For Local Content Implementation In Nigeria’s Oil And Gas Industry
Mode Of Application
Worth of Scholarship
2 Mililion Naira
25th September 2020
- This contest is open only to 100-200 level students in public and private Universities in Nigeria. Students in Polytechnics and Colleges of Education can apply.
- Entrants must submit either a letter of admission or a signed letter of attestation from his/her Head of Department (HOD).
- All essays must be original works specifically written for the competition.
- Co-authorship of essay is not permitted.
- Entrants are to submit only one entry.
- Completed manuscripts and accompanying documents must be submitted to ncdmbessay.com on or before 25th September, 2020 Late manuscripts will not be considered. Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted. (REGISTER ON WEBSITE FIRST)
- Manuscripts must not exceed 1,500 WORDS.
- Current contact information of each entrant including phone number and email address MUST ACCOMPANY THE MANUSCRIPT.
- Entrants’ NAMES SHALL NOT APPEAR ON THE MANUSCRIPT, but on a separate title page to be removed when a number is assigned to the entry.
- Shortlisted entrants will be contacted FOR THE VIRTUAL INTERACTIVE ASSESSMENT to defend their submitted essays.
- Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- N1,000,000 for 1st place,
- N500,000 for 2nd place,
- N300,000 for 3rd .
- 4th – 10th places finishers shall each receive a laptop.
- Essays will be judged based on
- Clarity of Expression,
- Spelling and Grammar,
- Originality of thought,
- Depth of Analysis,
- Relevance to Industry, and
- Conformity to Contest Rules.
- All essays will be subjected to plagiarism check (software application) to determine originality.
- Successful Top 10 Finalists will be notified by the 16th October, 2020.
- The virtual award ceremony comes up 27th October, 2020
- The winning essay will be published in the NCDMB’s in-house magazine, Local Content Digest.
How to Submit Entry for NCDMB Essay Competition
- Entrants are to submit only one entry.
- Completed manuscripts and accompanying documents must be submitted to ncdmbessay.com on or before 25th September 2020 Late manuscripts will not be considered. Hardcopy submissions will not be accepted. (REGISTER ON WEBSITE FIRST)
NOTE: Do not include your personal details inside the ESSAY CONTENT ie your email, phone number, address, name, University and state or else it will be disqualified.
Forward all questions/complaints to:
- Address: 478 Melford-Okilo Road, Yenizue-Gene, Yenagoa
- Tel.: 09096961978, 07063472537, 08035443901,
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website: www.ncdmbessay.com
The image below shows the essay of the winner of NCDMB 1st Edition Essay Competition. Click on it for a better view and download it for reference. Remember don’t copy the essay. Yours should be unique.
About the Project
Since 1956 when oil was first discovered in commercial quantity in Oloibiri, an agrarian and fishing community in Bayelsa State, oil has remained the mainstay of the nation’s economy. Decades after, gas production commenced in Nigeria, and has been contributing significantly to the economic growth of the country. Today, the oil and gas industry accounts for about 90% `of the nation’s GDP.
In the capitally intensive and highly skilled oil and gas industry with its numerous opportunities, it is sad to note that Nigerians over the years were not strongly positioned to play significant roles in terms of local content participation.
In 2010 however, the Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB) was established by the Nigerian Government following the signing into law of the Nigerian Content Development Act to increase indigenous participation in the oil and gas industry as well as building local capacity and competencies to boost industry contributions to the growth of Nigeria’s economy.
It is on the basis of the foregoing that the NCDMB Annual Oil & Gas Undergraduate Nigerian Content Essay Competition was conceptualised and developed.
The whole idea is intended to promote academic excellence amongst university and polytechnic students in the Niger Delta as well as stimulate their overall understanding of the operational framework of the Nigerian Content Development initiative and the role of the NCDMB in this regard.