MPOWER Women in STEM Award Program (US and Canada) 2020/2021
The award is open to female international and DACA students who are accepted or currently enrolled to study full-time in a STEM degree program that MPOWER supports in the United States or Canada.
About Women in STEM award program
MPOWER Financing is a public benefit corporation. In honor of the United Nation’s International Day of Women and Girls in Science, MPOWER is working to remove education barriers by providing access to much-needed funding.
Application Deadline for Women in STEM Award Program:
April 15, 2020
Description of award
- Scholarship Type: Undergraduate and Graduate Study
- Worth of Scholarship: Total $10,000
- Number of Awards: 3
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA or Canada
- University or Organization: MPOWER Financing
- Department: NA
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from across the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The grant will be awarded for the undergraduate degree in Stem filed (Engineering and Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Natural Sciences) offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Permanent Resident, International Students, Undocumented Students
- Applicants must be enrolled or accepted to study full-time in a STEM degree program at one of MPOWER’s partner universities (340 U.S. and 21 Canadian schools) for the remainder of the student’s undergraduate study and a graduate degree program
- Entrants must be a female international student allowed to study in the U.S. or Canada, as applicable legally.
- For study at a U.S. partner college or university: F1 visa status, Green Card holder (permanent resident) status, or DACA recipient status
- For study at a Canadian partner college or university: permanent resident or Canadian study permit holder
- US citizens wishing to study in the U.S. and Canadian citizens wanting to study in Canada are not eligible for this application.
MPOWER Financing will provide one $5,000 scholarship, one $3,000 scholarship, and one $2,000 scholarship to female international/DACA students
How to Apply for Women in STEM award program
- How to Apply: During the contest period, there is only one method of entry. Applicants must complete and submit the online contest entry form to win the competition.
- Supporting Documents: Submit an essay, a copy of your transcript or admission letter, proof of your citizenship, immigration status, and gender (i.e., your passport and visa), and proof of English language proficiency.
- Admission Requirements: Before you get started on your application, be sure to review all requirements carefully
- Language Requirement: Applicants are required to have excellent English language proficiency o study in the US or Canada.
Click on the MPOWER official web page below to apply.
Kindly click on the share icon to share this post and don’t forget to comment on the comment box below
Stay Updated by Joining Our Telegram Group by clicking HERE