Jobberman Virtual Career Fair 2020 will begin in a few days. Jobberman will be hosting the largest virtual career fair in Nigeria on Wednesday 30th September 2020. 250 potential employers from various sectors including digital, creative, and agriculture, and 10,000 qualified candidates will be coming together under one virtual roof as part of the Jobberman #Champions campaign.
The online event is a part of Jobberman’s mandate to use its soft skills training to put three million Nigerians in distinguished employment in the next five years ahead. The only recruitment services platform in Nigeria that offers to train and also place Nigerian citizens/ candidates in dignified employment is Jobberman. Young individuals are equipped by the ongoing online training platform with important skills including emotional intelligence, business etiquette, and lots more, to enable them to transit successfully into their new careers and also increase their workplace productivity.
Brief History About Jobberman
Jobberman was established in 2009 and it is an online platform that provides training and placement for job seekers, and also the best selection of candidates for companies hiring. Jobberman is known as the single largest job placement website in sub-Saharan Africa. The platform envisions the possibility to become the leading source of talent in every market that it operates. They aim to achieve this by simplifying job searching and the acquisition of talents; matching the right set of skills with what the employers need.
Major activities to be carried out at the fair include:
- Masterclasses will be conducted by experts on the subject matter.
- Opportunities for the companies of applicants to showcase their brand.
- A face to face interview between Jobberman champions and possible employers.
Also, check out Rotary Foundation Global Scholarship Grants for Development
How will it work?
The world is facing a social distancing situation but that does not limit the opportunity for connection and learning. The virtual career fair will be fully held online and will be accessible from any internet-connected device. The event will be held on a dedicated virtual fair service provider, there will be no breakout sections for each industry split across sections.
With over a decade in the job recruitment business, Jobberman uses its platform to create opportunities that are democratic and also transparent that removes all forms of nepotism, making a productive workforce possible.
The online event will take place on Hubilo, so what you are required to do is
- Make sure that you meet all the criteria.
- Be registered for the event.
- Add the upcoming event to your calendar.
- Finally, on the 30th of September 2020, log in to the platform for the event.
Benefits for Employers
By taking part in the Jobberman Virtual Career Fair, employers get to benefit the following:
Becoming part of a league of pioneer partners of the largest virtual career fair in Nigeria
- Employers will increase the visibility of their brand by showcasing their company through presentations/keynote speeches and also customized booths.
- Employers will be included in Jobbers ‘Champion of Employment in Nigeria’ report and will possibly be included in the ‘Best 100 Companies to Work for in Nigeria’ report.
Gaining access to the largest database of experienced and well-trained candidates from the level of entry to professionals with 10+ years of experience
- The platform has selected thousands of qualified entry-level candidates that are fit for internships and also graduate programmes.
- Employers will be able to interact with hundreds of some of the candidates who are highly experienced on a one on one basis.
- Employers will be able to filter through Jobberman’s candidate pool based on set criteria like location, qualifications, experience levels and so much more.
Benefits for Jobseekers
Jobseekers will benefit from the fair in the following ways:
- Qualified job seekers who are active will get to interact with and be hired by top companies.
- Showcasing of jobseekers’ personal brand (Full Profiles).
- Jobseekers also benefit Pre-matched profiles with top companies (Pre-interview/ Pre-screened).
- Jobseekers get to participate in exclusive masterclass / segmented masterclass that has exclusive invites.
Eligibility for Jobberman Virtual Career Fair
The online event will be totally free for job seekers, however:
- The files of candidates on the Jobberman platform must be complete.
- The soft skills training must have been completed by the candidates and they must have also taken the post-assessment test.
Employers who are taking part in the Virtual Career Fair must:
- Within the next 1 – 3 months commit to hiring.
- Be a listed employer on the Jobberman platform and must be subscribed to ‘at the skills assessment recruitment product’ and the cost is worth up to N54,000.
How to Register for Jobberman Virtual Career Fair
For Jobseekers, the event is totally free but you have to take the soft skills post-assessment. The ticket is the certificate of the jobseekers.
- Get a 100% profile (the only way that you get to share your profile on that day) to become a preferred candidate (super champion).
- Jobseekers must take the online assessment to become a starred candidate (qualified champion).
Employers will receive free access when they satisfy one of the following criteria:
- Have roles that are already existing with the skills assessment add-on listed on the Jobberman platform. Employers can upload these roles on their customizable Virtual exhibitor booth on the career fair platform making it evident to candidates present at the event.
- Get the skills assessment add-on which will only be valid for 3 months from the date of purchase. Each skills Assessment is worth N54,000 and it is essential in helping employers to sort for the best candidates for your company.
Potential employers and job seekers can register to attend the Virtual Career Fair through This link