Here is a piece of writing on how to score high in UNILAG Post UTME exam. Candidates that chose the University of Lagos as their first choice of the institution who have scored 200 & above in UTME are eligible to participate in the institution’s Post UTME. From the data which we collected, over 35,000 students participated in the institution’s Post UTME while about 9,000 students were given placement into the university for the various undergraduate programs.
Registration for the Post UTME will soon be announced. Candidates are advised to use this period to study extensively. Maybe to study like never before. Reason being that the UNILAG Post UTME exam is the main factor that will decide whether you will gain admission into the University of Lagos or not.
Recommended: UNILAG Admission List
Also, it is important you take into consideration that for any candidate to be considered for admission in UNILAG, he or she must have scored 12 points out of the total obtainable mark of 30 points.
UNILAG Post UTME subjects comprise of Mathematics, English Language, and General knowledge. Below is a series of the most common complaints by students who had sat for the University of the first choice and the nation’s pride (UNILAG) Post UTME.
“It is difficult to pass”
“The time reads too fast”
“Majority of my questions were English”
“More General knowledge examination was set for me”
“A lot of my questions were Mathematics’. And many more. UNILAG Post UTME does not only test students’ knowledge but intelligence quotient (I.Q), Speed, and Smartness.
Intelligence Quotient (IQ)
the examination tests students’ ability to intelligently answer questions by asking questions that are logical.
another factor to note in preparation for UNILAG Post UTME is the ability to answer questions as quickly as possible. Failure to do so might lead to your incapability to attempt all the questions which is detrimental to your performance/mark
some questions are very tricky. As an aspirant, you need to carefully observe the questions and options before choosing answers. e.g What day is Nigeria’s democracy day? A. May 29th B. June 12th C. Oct 1st D. May 1st
Ordinarily, one would think A is the right answer, however, if you are not conversant with news, you wouldn’t know that it’s been changed to June 12. Which makes B the correct answer.
How to Prepare for UNILAG Post UTME Exam
1. Get Past Questions: it is obvious that some questions are being repeated from past questions. So, you need to get a past question booklet to be familiar with the nature of questions that are being set.
2. Work with the syllabus: you can determine this by taking notes of the most prevalent topics that appear in the past questions. This would make you focused and fully prepared.
3. Measure your speed: always time yourself and determine the quantity of time to be spent on each question while studying. This would enable you to be quick in answering all the questions before the time for the test elapses.
4. Study on a balanced scale: this means taking the three subjects with equal strength, so if one appears more than the other you would be able to provide answers and come out with a great result.
5. Discover your weaknesses and work on them: this is very important as it will enable you to identify the subject and topics where you are lagging behind. Create extra time to study them.
Most importantly, never neglect the God-factor. Pray for God’s mercy. My wish for you is success in your examination.
For more important tips, stay in touch with shoreloop