FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission Form 2022/2023 is out. The Federal University of Technology, Minna (popularly known as FUTMINNA) postgraduate admission application form for the 2022/2023 academic session has been announced.
I will provide all the information you need concerning the FUTMINNA postgraduate admission in this article.
A candidate applying for Postgraduate Studies at the Federal University of Technology, Minna, must have obtained five (5) Credits in WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, and GCE (O’Level) or their equivalents, including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
No admission shall be made based on any awaiting results, and no exemption is made for admission into any program.
Read Also Covenant University Post UTME Form for 2022/2023 Academic Session Is Out
Table of Contents
FUTMINNA Postgraduate General Admission Requirements
1 Ph.D. Programs
- Candidates for admission to any of the Ph.D. The program shall be Master’s Degree graduates of the Federal University of Technology, Minna, or any other University recognized by the Senate or holders of equivalent qualifications acceptable to the University Senate(Not professional masters).
- A Master Degree holder is applying for Ph.D. Program of the University must have maintained a weighted score average of 60% or a ‘B’ grade or a CGPA of 3.50 out of 5.00 in overall performance in the Master’s Degree program.
- Appropriate courses may be prescribed for candidates whose background is considered weak for the areas of specialization. This is done at the discretion of the School/Department within the approved general regulations/guidelines of the Postgraduate School.
2. Master’s Degree Programmes
- A Minimum Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree from the Federal University of Technology, Minna, or any other recognized University.
- A Third Class Honours Degree with at least 3 years of graduation experience in relevant fields may be considered. In some areas, passing a qualifying examination to be administered by the Department of the candidates may be required in consultation with the Postgraduate School.
- Candidates with HND with a minimum of Lower Credit, OND with Lower Credit, and a Postgraduate Diploma in a relevant field with at least a minimum of Lower Credit and one year of graduation experience may be considered.
- To the avoidance of doubt, candidates with PASS grades at any level of Degree, PGD, HND, and OND do not qualify for admission to the Ph.D./ Master/PGD Programmes. No Diploma candidate with CGPA less than 2.50 qualifies for admission into the Master’s Degree Programmes.
- Where examination is required, as in the case of (ii) and (iii) above, an examination fee of N2000.00 will be charged outside the cost of Postgraduate application forms.
- In all admission cases, the final decision on qualified candidates rests with the Postgraduate School Board. Candidates with Science-based backgrounds usually are considered.
- All Master Degree Programmes require coursework components in addition to research work components. There is no exemption. A Thesis must be defended and submitted for a student to qualify and graduate.
Read Also: How To Calculate GPA And CGPA In Nigerian Universities
3. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
i. First degree in relevant areas from any recognized university.
ii. Candidates with a minimum of Lower Credit at the HND level are eligible for admission.
iii. Candidates with PASS grades are not eligible for admission.
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
Master Degree Programmes
The Master Degree programs are expected to last a minimum of Three Semesters for Full-time Students, and there is no Part-time for Master’s Degree programs. The maximum allowable periods of studies shall be Six Semesters Full-time, subject to maintaining a CGPA of 2.50 in every Semester. Failure to meet this requirement will result in withdrawal from the program.
A Minimum of Six Semesters (Three (3) Academic Sessions) and a maximum of Ten Semesters (Five (5) Academic Sessions) for Full-time Students.
A Minimum of Ten Semesters (Five (5) Academic Sessions) and a maximum of Fourteen Semesters (Seven (7) Academic Sessions) for Part-time Students, respectively.
Check also: Bingham University Postgraduate Form 2022/2023
How to Apply for FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission
- Click on the button with the ‘START APPLICATION BUTTON’.
- Log in and start the application page appears.
- Click Start Application Link (blinking) at the top of the page.
- Enter surname, first name, other names, valid email address, and highest qualification obtained.
- Ensure you enter all information correctly because your email address will be used to send the Application Number.
- Select the last option, “PROGRAMME APPLICATION TITLE,” from the list. This option determines the programs available for registration.
- Click the “Submit Application” button.
- After clicking the button, you must return to the login page with a NEW APPLICATION NUMBER to complete the online application.
- [Optional] Candidates can also sign in to their email account and continue using the link provided to continue registration.
- Important Note: Candidate should also check their SPAM folder if mail is not found in the mail “inbox.”
- Once you log in, complete the remaining part of the registration as follows:
- Fill out your data
- O-level results one or a combination of two sittings.
- Upload all credentials (Recommended size: Width:500px/Height:680px)
- Upload Thesis (Ph.D. Candidates only)
- Upload Passport (Recommended size: Width:150px/Height:170px)
Use Corel Draw or Paint for adjustment or resizing your relevant documents. A scanned copy of all appropriate credentials must be in JPG format
- You can make modifications at this stage as much as you like before payment. You can save and continue later or click on the final submission preview.
- Click the Referee Link on the right pane of the page to add/send referee requests.
- Enter the referee’s valid email and click the send button. You have up to three(3) requests to make and must not be the same referee.
- Note: Candidates must monitor their referee requests until all request statuses are cleared. But you can still proceed to payment and submit the final registration.
- Click the Open Payment button.
- After clicking on the button, you proceed to the payment gateway. A payment information page will be generated to confirm your previous data entered.
- Payment FUT Minna College is made through a Debit Card (MasterCard, Verve & VISA Card )
- Enter ATM Debit card details (Card number, expiry date, CVV2, i.e., the 3 digits behind your card and PIN)
- This automatically debits N15,000 in application fees and N250 for bank commission)
- You can also generate an RRR payment slip from the portal and visit any bank branch to make payments through the REMITA platform. After payment at the bank, return to your portal to continue your registration.
- Make a printout of the registration form and payment for VERIFICATION
See also: FULAFIA Postgraduate Admission Form 2022/2023 is out
The university charges an application fee of Ten thousand naira (N10,000.00) plus, Two hundred and fifty nairas (N250.00) Remita charges, making a total of ten thousand two hundred and fifty nairas (N10,250.00) payable online via the Remita platform with the use of Master or Verve card through the School portal.
Use the comment form below if you have any questions.
How much are the postgraduate fees at FUTMINNA?
The university charges a 10,000 naira (N10,000) application fee, plus a 250 naira (N250) remittance fee, for a total of 10,250.00 (N10,250.00), which must be paid online using the Remita platform with a Master or Verve card through the school portal.
How long is a postgraduate at FUTMINNA?
Duration for FUTMINNA Postgraduate Courses
The minimum number of semesters for full-time students is six (three academic sessions), and the maximum is ten (five academic sessions).
What are the postgraduate study years?
A postgraduate course typically lasts one-year full-time or two years when taken part-time. An advanced level of education in the student’s area of study of choice is provided by a postgraduate diploma, postgraduate degree, or Master’s degree.
- Babcock University Postgraduate Admission Form 2022/2023 is Out
- LASU Postgraduate Admission Form 2022/2023 is Out
- UNIPORT Postgraduate Courses and Requirements 2022/2023
- FULAFIA Postgraduate Admission Form 2022/2023 is out