FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission Form for 2020/2021 Academic Session is Out
FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission Form is out. The Federal University of Technology, Minna, (popularly known as FUTMINNA) postgraduate admission application form for the 2020/2021 academic session has been announced. In this article, I will provide you with all information you will need concerning the FUTMINNA postgraduate admission.
A candidate applying for Postgraduate Studies in the Federal University of Technology, Minna must have obtained five (5) Credits in WAEC, NECO, NABTEB and GCE (O’Level) or their equivalents including English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings. No admission shall be made on the basis of any awaiting results and no exemption is made for admission into any programme.
FUTMINNA Postgraduate General Admission Requirements
1 PhD Programmes
- Candidates for admission for any of PhD Programme shall be Master Degree graduates of the Federal University of Technology, Minna or any other University recognized by the Senate or holders of equivalent qualifications acceptable to the University Senate(Not professional masters).
- A Master Degree holder applying for PhD Programme of the University must have maintained a weighted score average of 60% or a ‘B’ grade or a CGPA of 3.50 out of 5.00 in overall performance in the Master Degree programme.
- Appropriate courses may be prescribed for candidates whose background is considered weak for the areas of specialization. This is done at the discretion of the School/Department within the approved general regulations/guidelines of the Postgraduate School.
2. Master Degree Programmes
- A Minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree from the Federal University of Technology, Minna or any other recognized University.
- A Third Class Honours Degree with at least 3 years of graduation experience in relevant fields may be considered. In some areas, passing a qualifying examination to be administered by the Department of the candidates, in consultation with the Postgraduate School, may be required.
- Candidates with HND with a minimum of Lower Credit, OND Lower Credit and a Postgraduate Diploma in relevant field with, at least a minimum of Lower Credit and one-year graduation experience may be considered.
- For avoidance of doubt, candidates with PASS grade at any level Degree, PGD, HND and OND do not qualify for admission to the PhD/ Master/PGD Programmes. No Diploma candidate with CGPAless than 2.50 qualifies for admission into the Master Degree Programmes.
- Where examination is required as in the case of (ii) and (iii) above, an examination fee of N2000.00 will be charged outside the cost of Postgraduate application forms.
- In all cases of admission the final decision on qualified candidates rests with the Postgraduate School Board. Candidates with Science-based background are normally considered.
- All Master Degree Programmes require course work components in addition to research work components. There is no exemption. A Thesis must be defended and submitted for a student to qualify and graduate.
3. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
i. First degree in relevant areas from any recognised university.
ii. Candidates with a minimum of Lower Credit at HND level are eligible for admission.
iii. Candidates with PASS grade are not eligible for admission.
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
Master Degree Programmes
The Master Degree programmes are expected to last a minimum of Three Semesters for Full-time Students and there is no Part-time for Master’s Degree programmes. The maximum allowable periods of studies shall be Six Semesters for Full-time, subject to maintaining a CGPA of 2.50 in every Semester. Failure to meet this requirement will result in withdrawal from the programme.
A Minimum of Six Semesters (Three (3) Academic Sessions) and maximum of Ten Semesters (Five (5) Academic Sessions) for Full-time Students.
A Minimum of Ten Semesters (Five (5) Academic Sessions) and a maximum of Fourteen Semesters (Seven (7) Academic Sessions) for Part-time Students respectively.
How to Apply for FUTMINNA Postgraduate Admission
- Click on the button with ‘START APPLICATION BUTTON’.
- Login and start application page appears.
- Click Start Application Link (blinking) at the top of the page.
- Enter surname, first name, other names, valid email address and highest qualification obtained.
- Make sure you enter all information correctly because your email address will be used to send Application Number.
- Select the last option “PROGRAMME APPLICATION TITLE” from the list. This option determines the programmes available for registration.
- Click the “Submit Application” button
- After clicking on the button, you are to return to the login page with a NEW APPLICATION NUMBER to complete the online application.
- [Optional] Candidate can also sign-in into their email account and continue using the link provided to continue registration.
- Important Note: Candidate should also check their SPAM folder in case mail is not found in the mail “inbox”
- Once you login successfully complete the remaining part of the registration as follows:
- Fill out your data
- O-level results one or a combination of two sittings.
- Upload all credential (Recommended size: Width:500px/Height:680px)
- Upload Thesis (Ph.d Candidates only)
- Upload Passport (Recommended size: Width:150px/Height:170px)
Use Corel Draw or Paint for adjustment or resizing your relevant documents. Scanned copy of all relevant credentials must be in JPG format
- You can make modifications at this stage as much as you like before payment. Note you can save and continue later or click on final submission preview.
- Click Referee Link on the right pane of the page to add/send referee request.
- Enter referee valid email and click the send button. You have up to three(3) request to make and must not be the same referee.
- Note: Candidates are advised to monitor their referee request until all requests status are cleared. But you can still proceed to payment and submit final registration.
- Click Open payment button
- After clicking on the button, you proceed to payment gateway. A payment information page will be generated for you to confirm your previous data entered.
- Payment FUT Minna College is done through Debit Card (MasterCard, Verve & VISA Card )
- Enter ATM Debit card details (Card number, expiry date, CVV2 i.e. the 3 digits behind your card, and pin number)
- This automatically debits N15,000 application fees and N250 for bank commission)
- You can also generate RRR payment slip from the portal and visit any bank branch to make payment through REMITA platform. After payment at the bank return to your portal to continue your registration.
- Make a printout of the registration form and payment for VERIFICATION
University charges an application fee of Ten thousand naira (N10,000.00) plus, Two hundred and fifty naira (N250.00) Remita charge making a total of ten thousand two hundred and fifty naira (N10,250.00) payable online via the Remita platform with the use of Master or Verve card through the School portal.
Stay Updated by Joining Our Telegram Group by clicking HERE