The Food and Agriculture Organization Internship Program is an opportunity aiming to attract talented young women and men who are strongly motivated to share their new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience in FAO’s domains. The program provides selected students, enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate degree program or recent graduates with the opportunity to supplement, their academic knowledge with practical work assignments in a field related to the work of FAO. This will enable them to gain a better understanding of FAO’s mandate and programs. At the same time, the Programme provides FAO with the assistance of qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in connection to FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate degree program in a bona fide (i.e. listed in the IAU/UNESCO database) educational institution at the time of application or recent graduates.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish). Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother or father) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the proposed duty station prior to the start of the internship assignment.
Also, Apply for MPOWER GLOBAL SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
FAO Key Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Relevant academic experience in one of the fields of the Organization.
Criteria for Selection
Candidates may be assigned in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
Number of Awards
Worth of Internship
FAO pays a monthly stipend to interns if they are not sponsored by sending them to universities or other institutions.
Duration of Program
3 months to 11 months
31st July 2021
How to Apply
- To apply, visit the recruitment website below at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered. [su_button url=”http://www.fao.org/employment/vacancies/volunteer/en/” target=”blank” style=”soft” background=”#ff9900″ size=”5″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: external-link” text_shadow=”0px px px #000000″]Click Here[/su_button]
- Feel free to contact the Careers@fao.org for any inquiries or help.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU