Equal Access Scholarships for International Students in the UK, 2020
The University of York is inviting candidates who seek to be a part of the Equal Access Scholarships for International Students (non-EU students). The educational award is open to cover the tuition fee of eligible candidates who want to pursue postgraduate taught degree programs in the university.
The University of York is offering 2 Equal Access Scholarships for international (non-EU) undergraduate students who are seeking refuge in the UK. It’s a wide range of degree programs specifically designed to educate the students to be world-class engineers and maximize their full potential.
Why at the University of York?
At this university, the students will get the best facilities for conducting their studies in the proper way. It helps students to develop skills to land their dream job.
To be considered for the scholarship you must:
• have a conditional or unconditional offer from the University of York for AY 2020
• have made York your first choice (firm choice) through UCAS
• have applied for asylum before you have applied for a place at university and
• not have access to mainstream funding, eg student finance or a local authority grant.
University of York
Field of study
Bachelor’s degree in any field, except undergraduate studies at Hull-York Medical School.
Number of Scholarships
Refugees and asylum seekers in the UK
Worth of Scholarship
The scholarship provides a full tuition fee waiver and a maintenance award of up to £10,660 to help with living costs.
Applicants must be International (non-EU) students, whose current immigration status is:
• Discretionary/limited leave to remain (DLR/ LLR);
• Indefinite leave to remain (ILR);
• Humanitarian Protection (HP);
• Awaiting a decision on an application for refugee status;
• Leave as an Unaccompanied Asylum Seeking Child (UASC leave)
• Refused Asylum Seeker – where the application for refugee status has been refused and the candidate has submitted an appeal or a fresh claim; or
• A dependent or partner of any of the above status groups.
Those who have already completed an undergraduate degree are ineligible.
How To Apply
As part of the application, you will need to provide a personal statement of maximum 400 words:
• Describing your family circumstances and the barriers you have overcome in order to continue with your education, with specific reference to your current status in the UK.
• Information on when you arrived in the UK, your country of origin and the current status of your application for asylum. You do not need to give details of the events that led to you seeking asylum unless you wish to do so.
You will also need to explain, in no more than 300 words, how this scholarship will help you achieve your ambitions for the future.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
April 30, 2020
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.york.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/fees-funding/international/scholarships/asylum-seekers-scholarship/
Stay Updated by Joining Our Telegram Group by clicking HERE