The Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) is now accepting applications from small business owners for its 2022 Entrepreneurship Training Programme. See the requirements and how to apply for the Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneurship Training Programme below.
Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) 2022 Entrepreneurship Training Program calls for applications – Are you a business owner hoping to be equipped with the skills and competencies needed to run a successful business in Nigeria? Apply for the Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneurship Program 2022.
The Development Bank of Nigeria is committed to strengthening the capacity of Nigerian SMEs to enable them to formalise, grow and become more bankable to have easy access to available finance.
They planned to launch the DBN learning management system (LMS) this year, a free learning platform with carefully curated self-paced courses. The portal is open to all Nigerian MSMEs interested in gaining the necessary expertise to be successful in doing business in Nigeria.
Furthermore, DBN will select the top 200 businesses to undergo face-to-face training in Lagos and Abuja. This physical session will provide businesses with the opportunity to literally apply fundamental principles to their diverse firms, as well as discuss and receive business support in specific areas of need.
Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneurship Training Program Eligibility
- The owner of the business must be 18 years of age or older;
- Business owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria;
- The business must be based in Nigeria;
- The business must be profitable from any sector;
- Applicant must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
Benefits of Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneurship Training Program
- All businesses will be eligible to pitch their business value proposition, and 14 businesses will be selected to receive grant funding.
Development Bank of Nigeria Selection Criteria for Entrepreneurship Training Programme
- Bankability – Level of readiness to access credit.
- Feasibility and sustainability of the business model.
- Scalability – Demonstrate potential for growth of the business to create jobs.
How to Apply for Development Bank of Nigeria Entrepreneurship Training Program
- Interested businesses must register on the DBN BizAid application and must complete a minimum of 4 mandatory courses on the BizAid Learning management platform and achieve an average score of 70%. The courses to be completed are:
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Sustainability for MSMEs
- Marketing and Sales Techniques
- Credit Management/Access to Finance
- All businesses that have completed the 4 courses by 23 September will receive an email with a link to apply for the face-to-face training.
- Upon submission of the application form, an email confirming receipt will be sent to the applicant within a 24-hour period.
- Applicants will be screened and shortlisted based on the eligibility criteria from the end of the application.
- Selection will be carried out using the defined selection criteria from the pool of shortlisted applications.
- Communication with successful applicants will be by e-mail to the e-mail address provided and a telephone call to the telephone number provided on the application form.
- On-site training for selected applicants will commence from October 17 to October 21, 2022 in Lagos and Abuja.
For questions or feedback about the application process or learning platform, please contact: [email protected]
Disclaimer: Please note that DBN does not charge an application fee to apply to the program.
RECOMMEND: Check here for more scholarships and events.