The Regional University Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) is pleased to announce the fifth round of Ph.D. scholarships through the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) funding support, eligible students can apply before the deadline at http://www.ruforum.org…
Applications are invited for DAAD-RUFORUM In-Country/In-Region Doctoral Scholarships for Ph.D. scholars, Scholarships are open to African students.
These scholarships are aimed at both in-country/in-region (sub-Saharan Africa) applicants for selected RUFORUM regional Ph.D. Programs in East and Central Africa (ECA), DAAD promotes international academic exchange as well as educational cooperation with developing countries through various funding and scholarship programs.
Field of study:
- Ph.D. in Life Sciences at Nelson Mandela African Institute of Sciences and Technology – Tanzania (2 in-region)
- Ph.D. in Food Science and Nutrition at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology – Kenya (1 in-region and 1 in-country)
- Ph.D. in Plant Breeding and Biotechnology – Makerere University, Uganda (1 in-region & 1 in-country);
- Ph.D. Agricultural and Rural Innovations at Makerere University, Uganda (1 in-region and 1 in-country)
List of eligible countries: Ethiopia, Kenya, Namibia, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe
Total number of scholarships: 8 Bursaries will be awarded to the selected students. The scholarship will be applicable for a period of 3 years for selected students.
About the Award
|DAAD-RUFORUM Scholarships 2022||Details|
|Name of the scholarship||DAAD-RUFORUM Scholarships|
|Number of scholarships||Eight (8)|
|Education qualification||To obtain a Ph.D. Doctoral|
|Nationality||Ethiopia, Kenya, Namibia, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe|
|Name of origin||The Regional University Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM)|
|Deadline||Expected on February 2022|
|Period of scholarship award||Three years|
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD-RUFORUM In-Country/Regional Doctoral Scholarships 2022-23
Applicants must be from sub-Saharan Africa, Applicants must hold a Master’s degree from an accredited university, and Applicants holding a Ph.D. Doctoral courses in the above fields are eligible for the scholarship.
- Certified copies of all university degree certificates
- Certified copies of all university transcripts
- At least a provisional admission letter including fee structure of the respective course (original or certified copy only), or an official letter assuring admission
- a Ph.D. research proposal (which must demonstrate relevance for development (the sections must include the research area (background, rationale, objectives of the proposed research, proposed methodology and expected results) and a detailed work plan (10 to 15 pages); plagiarism will be checked by DAAD !
- A one-page summary of the proposal (please include name and title of proposal)
- A letter of recommendation from the head of department indicating that you are a member or prospective member of staff and how you will be integrated into the staff development agenda of the university.
- Confirmation of study leave from your university (if applicable)
- Tuition exemption confirmation (university staff members only)
- A letter from the applicant confirming availability to do Ph.D. study at the host university in September
Application process of DAAD-RUFORUM Doctoral Scholarships in the country/in the region 2022-23
All the eligible applicants must submit application form with all supporting documents on or before the due date.
Application deadline: Expected
As per the previous schedule, the expected deadline is February 2022, for more details visit the official website at https://blog.ruforum.org/