The Civil Society Leadership Awards has commenced and individuals are advised to apply before it closes for the year. Do you want to continue your postgraduate study abroad? then grab a seat as we walk you through this article.
About the Civil Society Leadership Awards:
The Civil Society Leadership Awards provide fully-funded master’s degree study to individuals who clearly demonstrate academic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their communities.
May 15, 2020
Host Universities in France, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Latvia, Netherlands, Poland, UK, Ireland, and the United States.
Level/ Field of study:
Master’s Degree Program in the following areas of study:
• Communications, Journalism & Media
• Culture, History & Society
• Development Studies
• Education Management & Leadership
• Environment & Natural Resource Management
• Gender Studies
• Human Rights
• Law (including Human Rights law)
• Politics & International Studies
• Public Health Policy & Health Management
• Public Policy & Administration
• Social Work & Social Policy
Number of Awards:
The number of the award is not specified.
The Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) are available to citizens of the listed countries below: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cambodia, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Laos, Libya, Myanmar/Burma, Republic of Congo, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
Civil Society Leadership Award grantees will receive financial and administrative support for the following: pre-academic preparation via summer schools; program-related travel; tuition and mandatory university fees; monthly stipend for room, board, and other living expenses; accident and sickness insurance during the program; funds for educational materials and professional development; attendance at a regional Scholarship Programs conference; accommodations during the application process and the duration of the grant for applicants with disabilities.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a citizen of an eligible country
- Should demonstrate maturity, flexibility, and civil society leadership potential
- Must have a bachelor’s degree awarded before 15 May 2019 and an excellent academic record
- Applicant should demonstrate professional experience in a relevant area
- Demonstrate proficiency in the language of instruction (English, German or French) at a level required for admission by host universities
- Must be able to participate in an intensive pre-academic summer school in July or August 2020 and start their degree program in August or September 2020
- An applicant should be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit as required by the host country
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to return to their home country or region to continue supporting open society development
How to Apply for the Civil Society Leadership Award:
Interested applicants must complete and submit an online or paper CSLA application in English to be considered for CSLA support. Applications must be submitted by midnight, 15 May 2020, Eastern Daylight Time.
It is of great importance that you read the 2020 CSLA Guidelines on the official web page. The link to the official website is given below. It is going to guide you on how to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/grants/civil-society-leadership-awards
MORE SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES