JAMB CAPS for admission practice for 2020/2021 has been activated. See how you check your admissions status on the JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) portal and know when to access.
Jamb Caps makes it possible for prospective candidates who want admission to different tertiary institutions for the academic session 2020/2021, to monitor their admission status and easily know when they are admitted by any institution.
If you are offered access to Jamb Caps, your admission status will show; ‘ADMISSED’, the name of the school and the course for which you were allowed to study will also be displayed. Once a candidate has been offered admission, such a candidate must do one of two things; to accept or reject the admission.
Once you have accepted admission to Jamb Caps, your admission assignment is over, as you will no longer be available for admission to other schools. On the other hand, if you reject admission, you will be available to other schools that have free admission slot for admission.
It is also important to note that candidates who have been offered admission to JAMB CAPS must print their letter of admission equally after accepting the admission, as they will probably need it during the approval and registration in the school in which they were admitted.
We therefore advise candidates to keep a close eye on their admission status on JAMB CAPS in order to do so for the needy as soon as possible. Some schools may not even publish the list of admitted candidates on their own portal or notice board. So for candidates who have applied for admission to such schools, the only way to know when they are gaining access is to check their admission status on JAMB CAPS.
How to check access status on JAMB CAPS Portal
- Visit: https://www.jamb.gov.ng/Convenience and log in with your registered email address and password to access your dashboard
- Click ‘Check Admission Status,
- Click on ‘Access to my CAPS’
- Click ‘Admission Status’ to see if you have been granted access.
- If you are allowed, you will get an answer with the display of your photo image and a text Congratulations on your admission offer, But if you are not yet offered admission, you will receive a text response with ‘Sorry, no access was given yet‘
- If you have been offered admission, you can continue with ACCEPT OR REJECT ADMISSION
If you have been offered admission, you must make sure that you accept or reject the admission in time.
If you accept admission, continue printing your admission letter. You will probably need it during the approval and registration in the school that offered you access.