Established in 2011, BudgIT is a city association that applies innovation to cross resident commitment with institutional improvement, to encourage societal change. A pioneer in the field of social support merged with innovation, in other words, BudgIT utilizes a variety of tech apparatuses to disentangle the financial plan and matters of open spending for residents, with the essential point of increasing expectations of straightforwardness and responsibility in government. Similarly, BudgIT is in constant partnership with civil society, public institutions, and the media, chiefly in the areas of fiscal analyses, civic technology, and also, data representation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance
- The Head of Finance is a member of the executive management team with a leadership role in the organization’s financial decision-making.
- He/she, therefore, manages all aspects of financial risk; develops and implements financial systems; manages relationships with donors on all finance-related matters. However, he/she ensures compliance with regulatory and donor requirements and ensures the sustained financial health of the organization.
Key working relationships
- This will include Directors, Principal Lead, program teams, finance team, regulatory agencies, financial institutions, and donors.
Strategic Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Serve as a key member of the executive management team and participate in organizational decisions that contribute to the implementation of its strategic vision and sustainability.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of the organization with respect to organizational goals, budgets, and forecasts, and also provide analysis as required.
- Also, create yearly financial objectives with the executive team that aligns with the organization’s strategies and current and projected grant portfolio.
- Develop annual revenue projections and organizational budget, monitor, and make recommendations for adjustments throughout the year.
- Oversee investment of private funds, in other words, maximize returns at an acceptable risk level.
- Contributes strategically to grant proposal writing on finance-related aspects.
Accounting and Financial Management:
- Ensure the effective and transparent use of financial resources in compliance with BudgIT’s and donor policies and procedures.
- Manage overall financial operations so as to ensure accuracy in financial reporting and compliance with regulatory and donor requirements
- Also, review and ensure the application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Oversee and maintain good working relationships with regulatory agencies and financial institutions.
- In addition, provide standard accounting reports, including general ledger files, account and bank reconciliations, program costs, grant reporting, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate audits with independent auditors and regulatory agencies.
- Enhance and implement financial systems, procedures, and tools.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to members of the Finance Department to build a world-class financial system.
- Participates in top-level strategic planning sessions, while providing assistance to program leads and executive management in the development of annual budgets.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance-related field.
- ACA or ACCA qualification is compulsory.
- At least 7 years’ progressive experience in accounting or finance, which must include supervisory experience.
- Also, NGO-related experience in the Finance department with a reputable non-governmental organization or donor agency is an added advantage.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience of accounting software, especially Quickbooks.
- Experience working on private and multilateral donor funds and large budgets.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and also supervisory skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, For instance, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.,
- Also, fluency in spoken and written English required.
- Mature and professional demeanor with a strong executive presence.
- In addition, the ability to collaborate and interface with stakeholders at various levels is keen.
- Self-starter who can work with their own initiative with limited supervision.
- Previous experience in building or enhancing NGOs’ financial management capacity.
- Strong awareness of national issues.
- However, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
Deadline: 18th June 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the email.
Note: BudgIT is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including world-class training opportunities, health insurance, Group Life insurance, and also End-of-Year bonus.