Students are invited to apply for the Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program. The ADB–Japan Scholarship Program (ADB–JSP) enrolls about 300 students annually in academic institutions located in 9 countries within the Region.
The Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region. Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries. The Asian Development Bank scholarship program is a fully-funded scholarship program for international students. All the expenses of the scholarship are covered and there is no application fee. The scholarship provides full tuition fees, a monthly allowance for expenses, housing, books, and instructional materials, medical insurance and travel.
Top Universities in Hongkong, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, USA.
Asia, Australia, NZ
Field(s) of study
Programs covered by the ADB-JSP are postgraduate studies in economics, management, health, education, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
NOTE Only programs offered at the participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Regions are eligible for ADB-JSP funding.
Also, Apply for Schwarzman Scholars Program at Tsinghua University
Number of Scholarships
About 300 scholarships are awarded annually.
The scholarships are open to citizens of ADB’s borrowing member countries
The ADB-JSP provides full tuition fees, a monthly subsistence and housing allowance, an allowance for books and instructional materials, medical insurance, and travel expenses.
The scholarship is for one year with an extension to the second year of study, as appropriate, which shall be conditional on the scholar maintaining a satisfactory level of performance as determined by the institute. The maximum duration of scholarship award is two years for masters and doctorate programs.
1. A national of an ADB borrowing member country (applicants from countries that are no longer borrowing from ADB are not eligible for the ADB-JSP Scholarship).
2. Gained admission to an approved MA/PhD course at an academic institution .
3. A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic record.
4. At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
5. Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
6. In good health.
7. Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
8. Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
9. Staffs of academic institutions are not eligible for the Scholarship.
10. Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
11. ADB-JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
12. ADB-JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
How to Apply
Applicants should request information and application forms from the chosen Academic Institution and should indicate to that Institution that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB-JSP Scholarship. The completed Institution application form and required documentation, including the ADB-JSP Information Sheet form, should be submitted to the academic institution. No separate application to ADB is necessary.
You must send applications for scholarships at least six months prior to the planned time that you wish to commence studies. Please refer to the normal month of intake and deadline of application in the participating academic institutions.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.adb.org/site/careers/japan-scholarship-program/main
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
Stay Updated by Joining Our Telegram Group by clicking HERE