Applications for the University of Sheffield, UK Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Scholarships have started. The scholarship is offered in partnership with Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
Application deadline: 30 April 2021
Bursary value: The scholarships are awarded to academically strong individuals from developing countries. Each of the scholarships covers the following:
- A complete waiver of tuition fees
- Maintenance for university accommodation and a monthly allowance
Scholarship type: Masters
- You must make an offer for one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield in 2021:
- MA International Development
- MSc Environmental Change and International Development
- MPH (Masters in Public Health) International Development
- MA International Relations
- MA Social Research
- MA International Political Economy
- You must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- You must be self-funded to receive this grant, ie not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organization.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Your attendance must be full-time.
- You must start your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2021. This scholarship cannot be postponed.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to the successful fulfillment of any conditions attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- The receipt of the scholarship is subject to the successful receipt of a visa to study at the University in September 2021.
- You must be a national of or permanently resident in one of the countries or territories listed; CLICK HERE for a list of countries. (Nigeria included)
How to apply:
There is no separate application for this scholarship. Applicants will automatically be considered for this scholarship if they have applied and received an offer to study at the University of Sheffield, as well as in a specific developing country.
You need the postgraduate online application system to submit your application for a qualifying course.
If you are selected for the final phase of the application process, we will contact you (date to be confirmed). At this time, we may ask you to submit a brief personal statement to support your application.
If you did not receive an email requesting that you submit a personal statement for the Allan & Nesta Ferguson Scholarship, you have not been selected for this award.
The final decision for those asked to submit an application will be taken by a deadline to confirm.
If you have any questions about this award, please email [email protected]