Akwa Ibom State has approved the award of scholarships to Five Hundred (500) needy (very poor) but intelligent students of Akwa Ibom State origin, studying in federal or state universities in Nigeria with effect from the 2021/2022 academic session on value of ₦200,000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira) for each student only, per session.
The scholarships will be 70% (Seventy percent) for undergraduate students studying Science and Technology and Thirty percent (30%) for other courses as follows:
- Science and Technology courses include:
- Aviation studies
- Marine Studies
- Medicine and Surgery
- Engineering studies
- Agricultural Sciences
- Physical sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Artificial intelligence
- Oil and Gas related courses
- Robotics, etc.
- Other fields of study:
- Arts / Humanities / Management Sciences
- Education, etc.
- All applicants (including physically challenged) must be registered, full-time indigent (very poor) but intelligent students in federal or state universities;
- Applicants must be at least in their 2nd year of study;
- All applicants must have a minimum of 3.50 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) on a 5.00 scale;
- All applicants must provide testimonials from their institutions;
- All applicants must submit a certificate of origin from their respective Local Government Council in Akwa Ibom State;
- All applicants must NOT be over twenty-five (25) years of age at the time of application;
- All applicants will be required to state the financial status/occupation/means of their Parents, after meeting the academic requirement;
- All beneficiaries will be required to submit academic results at the end of each session to determine their continued eligibility for the scholarship based on their CGPA, which will be verified by the Ministry of Education / State Scholarship Board;
- Any beneficiary who falls below the required CGPA of 3.50 will be withdrawn from the Scholarship Scheme;
- Change of course or institution will NOT be allowed while you are enjoying the scholarships.
Method of administration
- Suitably qualified undergraduate students are invited to apply to www.moe.akwaibomstate.gov.ng and fill in the application form.
- All shortlisted students will be required to come to the interview with the following documents:
- Admission letter
- Testimony from the applicant’s head of department
- Current Semester Result / Statement of Result stating the CGPA
- Birth Certificate / Age Declaration
- Certificate of Origin from applicant’s Local Government Council
- A letter stating the financial status/occupation/means of the Parents of the applicant
- Student’s identity card
- Enrollment closes one month after the date of this publication
Idongesit I. Etiebet (Mrs.)
Honor. Commissioner for Education
Dated July 8, 2022