This is to let you know that the ABU Post UTME Form for the 2020/2021 academic session is out. The management of the school is inviting candidates who chose Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria to apply for the post UTME form now. guidelines, eligibility, requirements and other info about the ABU Post UTME Form has been provided in this article. Kindly stick around.
Latest Update: We have confirmed that the post utme registration is now ongoing. When you login into the portal, your state of origin should be typed in small letters, and make sure you don’t add state to it. For example, if you’re from Niger State, just type niger. If you still experience any issue, let us know using the comment box.
What is Ahmadu Bello University Cut Off Mark?
The cut off mark is 180. Those who scored 180 and above in their JAMB can apply.
Opening and Closing Date for Application
The application starts on Monday 12th October and ends on the 14th of November 2020.
READ ALSO: ABU Admission List
How Much is ABU Post UTME Form?
The ABU Post UTME Form is N2000
Who is Eligible to Apply for the ABU Post UTME Form?
Those who are eligible to purchase the ABU POst UTME Form are:
- Candidates who scored 180 and above in UTME for all courses.
- Candidates must have chosen Ahmadu Bello University as first choice.
How to Apply for ABU Post UTME Form
- To register, candidates are required to log into putme.abu.edu.ng or click on 2020/2021 Post-UTME Registration on the Ahmadu Bello University website abu.edu.ng.
- When you get to the post utme page, Post UTME Candidates are to login with their JAMB Registration Number and state of origin as username and password respectively.
PLEASE NOTE: Your state of origin should be typed in small letters. Do not add state to it. For example, if you’re from Enugu State, just type Enugu.
- Applicants are required to pay the sum of Two Thousand Naira (N2000.00) only as a screening fee.
- Payment can either be made via Remita using any acceptable debit card (Visa, Verve, and Master Card) OR by printing the Remita retrieval Reference (RRR) slip and proceed to any commercial Bank. Candidates need not travel to Zaria to make payment.
- Please Note: While filling the form, kindly make sure the passport size is less than 100kb.
READ ALSO: Ahmadu Bello University Cut Off Mark
Some Other IMPORTANT Things to Note
- Any candidate who fails to appear for the screening exercise on the dates indicated above will not be considered for admission into the university during the 2020/2021 academic session.
- Only JAMB calculator will be allowed into the venue
- GSM Phones and other electronic devices are not allowed into the venue
- Parents, Guardians and uninvited Law enforcement agents will not be allowed into the venue
- ABU is not liable for payment made into any other account other than the one provided.
- Candidates MUST keep photocopies of all submissions for their own record.
Documents Required for ABU Post UTME Screening
On the day of screening, UTME candidates must come along with the print-out of their schedule slips with the uploaded passport photograph and a printout of the UTME result which must be submitted on the day of the screening.
ABU Post UTME Date
The date for ABU Post-Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) will be announced later. As soon as its announced, we will update this page.
ABU Post UTME Form Frequently Asked Questions
- WHEN IS THE POST UTME?
I have been asked this question so many times that answering it has become monotonous. The Post UTME usually comes in July or August. It has no fixed date yet, but expect it in July or August.
- WHAT IS ABU’S CUT-OFF MARK? ABU, Zaria is yet to fix the cut-off mark. for 2020. It is always 180 every year for all courses, so the chances it’ll be changed is very low.
- CAN I GET MEDICINE WITH THIS JAMB SCORE?
You can get Medicine at 235. What most aspirants always fail to realize is that the Post UTME is actually the major determiner of your admission, not your JAMB score. Someone with 220 in JAMB may end up securing a course someone with 260 in JAMB fails to secure because of performance in PUTME.
In 2017, someone from Oyo couldn’t get MBBS with a JAMB score of 320 because he got just 256 in the PUTME, making his Average 288. Many MBBS aspirants from Oyo scored a higher average so he couldn’t make it. If he had scored 300+ and made an average of about 330 with such a good score, he’d have been surely admitted.
- IS THERE ANY CENTER I CAN SIT FOR THE POST UTME IN MY AREA?
No! No! There’s nothing like that, and it’s not going to be available anytime soon. If you fail to report to your Post UTME center in Samaru Main Campus, Zaria after printing your schedule slip, you’ll not be considered for any admission. The slip will be available after you’ve registered for the PUTME. For now, the Post UTME forms are not out for sale, and you can purchase it online without going to Zaria.
- DOES ABU ADMIT CHRISTIANS? I’m always shocked when I’m confronted with this question considering a large number of Christians I see every day on campus. ABU has one of the largest Christian chapels in Nigeria located in the Samaru Campus. There’s also a very big cathedral located in Kongo for all Christian students. They also have an association named CFA with an elected president. To wrap this up, consider the fact that JAMB awarded ABU the most “secular university” award. This means it admits candidates from all parts of the federation than any other university in Nigeria.
- PAST QUESTIONS: Past questions in ABU are a scam. I’ve said this many times. Most of the past questions you’ll see were formulated by businessmen just to convince you to buy them when they’re actually far from the reality of ABU’s Post UTME. They only want to make their money. I laugh at those who are so busy looking for “past questions.” Study the four subjects you sat for in your UTME, these are where the questions will come from not an imaginary “past question.” ABU doesn’t repeat questions or publish her past questions.
- DOES ABU ADMIT SOUTHERNERS? Yes, they do but no southern state is a catchment area of ABU, making their admission slot low when compared to the 19 northern states which constitute the catchment area of ABU. Don’t be shocked when someone from a state like Enugu couldn’t secure Medicine with an average of 300 while someone from Gombe with 256 does. This is because only one slot is given to such non-catchment areas like Enugu state. The person with 300 might have been denied because there’s another person from Enugu with 305 who’s the highest MBBS aspirant from Enugu state. As for the one from Gombe with 256, it’s a catchment area that almost 8 people can be admitted from, hence making it possible for someone with such a score to make it.
- These questions and answers were compiled by Adams Abubakar. All rights reserved!
If you still have any questions regarding the ABU 2020/2021 Post UTME, Please feel free to ask your questions using the comment box below OR CALL: 09064870523, 07015333203, 08052576895.