WAEC GCE Form is out Authorities of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) have announced that registration for the 2022 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates, Second Series (October/November), has commenced on Wednesday, 13 July 2022. This page provides everything you need to know to successfully register for the 2022 WAEC GCE. Read more below….
Prospective candidates for the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for Private Candidates, 2022 – Second Series are hereby notified that registration has commenced on Wednesday, 13 July 2022.
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) conducts two series of the West African Senior School Certificate examination for Private candidates per year. The WASSCE for Private Candidates-First Series is conducted in Jan/Feb, the Second Series is conducted in Oct/Nov.
Candidates should also note that the 2022 WAEC GCE Registration procedure is designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centers.
WAEC GCE Registration Period
- The closing date for WAEC GCE registration is October 2, 2022.
- Boarding registration is Thirty Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N30,500.00) only. per candidate. Registration must be done not less than twenty-four hours before the scheduled time of the paper(s) intended to sit.
List of Approved Subjects for WAEC GCE Second Series
|Y/N||Subject Name||Subject code|
|3||CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES||202|
|9||LITERATURE IN ENGLISH||210|
|22||HEALTH EDUCATION/HEALTH SCIENCE||508|
|32||CLOTHES AND TEXTILES||701|
|33||FOOD AND NUTRITION||702|
How to apply for the 2022 WAEC GCE
Candidates are required to pay a registration fee of Eighteen thousand Naira (N18,000) only at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the Registration PIN and Information VCD:
- Access Bank Plc
- Ecobank Plc
- Fidelity Bank Plc
- First Bank of Nig
- First City Monument Bank Plc
- Guaranty Trust Bank Plc
- Heritage Bank Plc
- Jaiz Bank
- Polaris Bank Ltd
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc
- Standard Chartered Bank Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc
- Union Bank of Nigeria Plc
- United Bank for Africa Plc
- Unity Bank Plc
- WEMA Bank Plc
- Zenith Bank Plc
Candidates will also be required to pay a Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) commission to the banks/accredited agents.
NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (NIN):
CANDIDATES WITH SPECIAL NEEDS:
- Candidates with special needs will also register online like other candidates, but they must clearly state their disabilities, e.g Visual, poor vision, spastic, speech, hard of hearingetc
COMPLETION OF REGISTRATION:
- Candidates MUST complete registration within two weeks of first accessing the website during the registration period. They must ensure that their names, gender, passport photos, dates of birth and subjects are correct. They must also print the Admission Notice, as proof of successful registration, which will serve as identification during the examination. The Result Checker PIN will also be on the Admission Notice. The acceptable fingerprint scanner is UareU digital Persona fingerprint device.
- Candidates must view the Information VCD before registering for the examination
- Candidates should note that the registration fee is non-refundable
- Candidates should continue to check the website for the exam time table
- Entries must be uploaded with passport photos taken with a digital camera. The specification of the digital camera must be Microsoft HD 3000. The passport photos must be of good quality BLACK AND WHITE OR COLOR (JPEG file only, 275 by 314 pixels with 72 dbi resolution) and with a CONTRASTING BACKGROUND. There should be no obstructive items. Please note that submission of a defaced or poor quality photograph by a candidate will automatically invalidate the entry of the candidate. For further details, visit www.waecnigeria.org
- Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabus for the examination which they can download from the WAEC website (www.waeconline.org.ng) using the registration PIN
- Candidates must go to exam halls in mufti and without weapons. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination rooms
- The complete result of candidates taking the examination in more than one center will be canceled – Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall
- Any Candidate who enters the examination hall with mobile phone(s) and/or any other electronic gadget(s) will have his or her entire results cancelled.
- Candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly completed before uploading, as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ details. Requests for amendments will NOT be granted on any information a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration.
- Candidates must enter the examination hall with their original Admit Card
- Candidates who engage in examination malpractices will not only have their results cancelled, but may be prosecuted
- Candidates must ensure that they provide valid email and telephone number(s) during registration
- All candidates b be prepared to observe all COVID-19 Regulations